how many Media Codecs that Windows Phone Supports ?

iqpreay

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am was sending some media's in my mobile phone but i was not able to do?
why?
it took more than 30 minutes just to have 8% for 338mb file!
a movie
can anybody tell me the supported media codecs for wp7 mango
video:....
music:....

Last edited:

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Were you copying the file using USB or were you trying to mail it? The codec does not materially impact transfer time. Something else must be happening to make the transfer so slow.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've bought a copy of movies on Amazon. You get an option for mobile files. When you transfer a whole movie to your phone it takes a while.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
338 MB is a large file to email, it would even take a while on the standard desktop broadband for me, never mind over G3.

Just saying. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just converted a 400 MB TV recording via Zune to my phone and it took 16 minutes to completion.

Guess it depends on the rip / recording formats, and your CPU. :)

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just converted a 400 MB TV recording via Zune to my phone and it took 16 minutes to completion.

Guess it depends on the rip / recording formats, and your CPU. :)

This. Some files have to be converted (which I assume the OP understands this and was just trying to understand which ones it would convert), but the speed at which these files convert is based on a number of variables. The same video in two different video formats could takes vastly different amounts of time to convert because some wrappers convert to others better.

Once the file is converted, then it should transfer at a rate of 20mb - 50mp a second, again depending on a number of factors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium