Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tee

I know this was touted as one of the features in Mango i tried toying around with this and couldnt figure it out. I can start a playlist on the phone in mango, but the problem is after that one song, i cant figure out how u add more songs to that playlist has anyone had any success figuring this out?

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hmm I dont think you can, I think the purpose is to save smart DJ mixes basically. I could be wrong though
  3. Tee

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    I know this was touted as one of the features in Mango i tried toying around with this and couldnt figure it out. I can start a playlist on the phone in mango, but the problem is after that one song, i cant figure out how u add more songs to that playlist has anyone had any success figuring this out?
    tap and hold on a song in the music catalog, a menu will come up let you "add song to playlist"

remember to save playlist in the "now playing", else it won't be saved.
    Thanked by:
    jfa1 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    Tee you should post that in the tips sticky above

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    tap and hold on a song in the music catalog, a menu will come up let you "add song to playlist"

remember to save playlist in the "now playing", else it won't be saved.
    Hmm... did work for me :(. Only options were:

add to now playig
    play smart dj mix
    pin to start
    delete

You can tap-and-hold a song in your collection and choose "add to now playing." Repeat this process for other songs you want in your playlist. Then, from the now playing screen (the main music player screen), pull up the menu at the bottom and choose "save playlist." I don't have my phone in front of me, so if you don't see the "save playlist" option there, then just tap the playlist area under the album art on the now playing screen, and the menu option will be on that screen.

Make sense?
    Thanked by:

Thanks. I actually found the instruction right on wp's website.

Zune Software | Create a Playlist | Music Playlists on Windows Phone | Windows Phone 7

Ok, how do you add a song to an existing playlist?

Quote Originally Posted by jake69 View Post
    Ok, how do you add a song to an existing playlist?
    Not sure whether that's the right way, but first play the playlist, then click a song and "Add to Now Playing", then save the Now Playing to a playlist. You can use the same name, which would replace the old one, thus adding a new song.

Quote Originally Posted by species5618 View Post
    Not sure whether that's the right way, but first play the playlist, then click a song and "Add to Now Playing", then save the Now Playing to a playlist. You can use the same name, which would replace the old one, thus adding a new song.
    You don't need to play the playlist first before doing the adding. You could just play a song and click add to playlist...the problem is you have to type in the playlist name...they don't have the existing playlist listed so you can just select it.

Quote Originally Posted by jake69 View Post
    You don't need to play the playlist first before doing the adding. You could just play a song and click add to playlist...the problem is you have to type in the playlist name...they don't have the existing playlist listed so you can just select it.
    Yes, one typo and you got another playlist. Very convoluted process for no apparent reasons.

I missed this function, too.
    So i wrote a app for making own playlists, editing, make another ordering etc. pp.. Hope you like it.

Playlist Manager WP7 | Windows Phone Apps + Games Store (Deutschland)