So I turned off typing suggestions a long time ago. I just hate the room it takes up on the screen. Updated to mango and everything was peachy except my battery life was cut in half!

I tried EVERYTHING and somebody suggested to me resetting my phone. So I did. I got my phone all back up and running the way I like except for one thing.... TYPING SUGGESTIONS! Ugh!!!!

I hate this. And now for some reason I can't find where to turn it off! I have had it off with mango before resetting so the option has got to be around here somewhere!

HELP!!!
    10-10-2011 01:51 AM
    OMG I FOUND IT!
    Windows Phone... you sneaky little doggy you!!!!

Here's how you do it... go to Settings > Keyboard > Typing Settings
    Then at the top, it doesn't even look like a button or anything but it says "Keyboard: English tap here to change" (or whatever language you have) and I didn't even think to tap that because the previous screen (before you tap Typing Settings) has you choose what region / language you want to use.

So you tap there and PRESTO! You get LOTS of options for your keyboard that have nothing to do with changing the region / language like correcting misspelled words, suggesting text, capitalizing the first letter after a period... etc.
    deepviolet16 and gedzum like this.
    10-10-2011 02:12 AM
    i just made this account today to thank u,thank u very much,those typing suggestions seriously made me desperate,thank u very much,may god grant u happiness ^_^
    11-14-2012 02:32 PM
    Wow, I didn't know about that either. I have a question though, is it possible to delete a single word from suggestions? For some reason it capitilizes every letter in "true".
    11-15-2012 04:01 AM
    You rock! I didn't not think that was something to click on!
    04-03-2013 11:37 AM
    Wow, I didn't know about that either. I have a question though, is it possible to delete a single word from suggestions? For some reason it capitilizes every letter in "true".
    Unfortunately, no. The only option is to reset all suggestions.
    04-03-2013 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD