Dual core is coming oneday

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Odd, he says they'll be supported in the future, but then states that “They’re all single core, but I suspect that they will be faster in usage than any dual-core phone that you put against it, and that’s the point,”

Is he talking about how WP7 is smooth right now on single core or how in the future, the single core processors will be faster than any dual core processors. Which negates his initial comment.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I only care about how well the phone performs, not just about tech specs. It's important to have storage, plenty of RAM and a powerful enough processor to run any games or apps. That's party specs and partly OS. But right now my Focus runs Mango very smoothly, so it's nice to be able to wait for a really nice upgrade.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about specs much. As long as there isn't much lag and apps/games run smoothly, I could care less on what's inside a phone. I'm sure gaming will see a boost from dual core processors, but other than that, I think the specs race is just a pissing contest.
At this point, I only care about how well the phone performs, not just about tech specs. It's important to have storage, plenty of RAM and a powerful enough processor to run any games or apps. That's party specs and partly OS. But right now my Focus runs Mango very smoothly, so it's nice to be able to wait for a really nice upgrade.
I have a friend who has a new Android SGS2 phone, and he said something about how it has a "dual core" processor. I asked him, what does that mean, he had a deer in headlight look on his face. He had no valid answer. I know that Android needs DCP to run smooth, but he had no clue.

The MS guy has it dead on. The experience on Android is spotty. Some phones run smooth, some run like crap. That's one thing MS has over Android, the WP7 experience is great on all phones.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think gaming needs dual core processors more than anything else. I'm very pleased with the way my trophy performs with a single-core.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft said that Dual Core will come when they made sure the hardware is optimized to make good use of it.

Software needs to be optimized for DC, not hardware. Hardware is the DC. ;)

I would like DC in the WP I am about to get this quarter, but if something like the 1.5ghz in the titan can run stuff smooth enough, I will be happy. I am leaving my iphone 3g 8gb so just about anything will be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon