Battery life with heavy Smart DJ use?

Illmusiq

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I was thinking about diving into this Zune Pass thing...I would use the trial but I used it up already on my Zune HD. but the question i had was...how is the battery life while using the Smart DJ feature? is it like streaming, so on a 3g connection you'd have 6 hours? or is there some better battery management they do to use it? does it stream when playing songs in your collection, or only when playing from the marketplace? is it, essentially, Slacker with a download feature(as far as battery life)? thanks if anybody can chime in, I have an Arrive but I'd assume all experiences would be the same.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Songs in your collection already do not stream. DJ does a mix between what's in your collection and what isn't. You can tell which is which from a small icon next to the song title - the streaming songs have the icon.

I've never done a ton of streaming on 3g, so I can't help there.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used this extensively on my commutes and it doesn't really move my battery that much depending on the quality of the towers I'm connected to at first,once I get back into my hometown with smartDJ enabled my battery then heats up and when it's heated up it drains faster.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@Coffee I discovered that it'll try to use music on your phone if you start Smart DJ on something that exists on your phone. Some of the matches were kind of pushing it for me. But if you do a Smart DJ from Marketplace on an artist that's not on your phone you'll get all the selections from the Marketplace. I kind of prefer this most of the time.

Illmusiq

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the help guys...i went ahead and made the jump. My house is a party every hour on hour now lol, but I see the limitations of sprint's 3g network while driving around with it. Is there a way to automate the settings to play solely from collection while on 3g and marketplace while on WiFi, or would I have to do the settings-music-checkbox everytime I want to turn on/off that feature? Great feature though, I might seriously consider switching carriers to completely take advantage of it.(not to mention I'm sure the addition of the iPhone has pretty much killed the wp7 platform on sprint)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I think what you are asking for is a bit of a stretch.

Congrats on the Zune hookup though. Its not cheap but well worth it if you have a WP7 phone, Xbox 360, and PC.

You said you also had a Zune HD. Even better...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720