Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Global Posts
    2,052 Global Posts
    many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!
  2. Tee

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    heheh, why haven't you got her one already?
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    haha

Global Posts
    2,052 Global Posts
    she's an anti-techite. I'm working on her, "it is her destiny....."

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    Will she be assimilated?

I have two friends who just switched from iphone to android. Neither are techies. I can't figure it out. One of them simply said because android is everywhere. =[. My wife still uses a messaging phone. I'll update her one of these days.

Sent from something somewhere.
    Sent from Something Somwhere

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    While watching the TIGERS/Rangers game at the bar, the wife and I were having races, her iPhone vs. my Focus. Mostly on finding the name of the song playing on the jukebox. I won every time. Yea WP7!!!

Although...once her Soundhound did find it...she had the lyrics and other info about the song right there, I had to go to the market place to find artist info and there wasn't a quick connect to other apps so I could instantly open that song in my "Lyrics" app. So, I won on speed, she won on information.

Global Posts
    1,110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!
    she could download the hotmail app and have that separate from her gmail account in the mail app to have the separate icons and badges. She won't be able to have them together in the universal inbox however.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    LOL, I was just showing my phone to a hot girl that works in front of my. I show her that I could use Zune while unlocked and pictures will show etc...

She was like: Well I have an iphone so... * raise eyebrow* *unlocks the phone, goes to itunes and shows me her player*

I was like: This is the lock screen. * unlocks phone*

She:... meh I don't care.

lol you can't just convert iphone believers :)

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

ios has a unified inbox with a notification right on the home screen. You can check them the same way that you do on WP7. One inbox, one notification for emails from all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    LOL, I was just showing my phone to a hot girl that works in front of my. I show her that I could use Zune while unlocked and pictures will show etc...

She was like: Well I have an iphone so... * raise eyebrow* *unlocks the phone, goes to itunes and shows me her player*

FYI, ios gets that today.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Awesome, now she will she the usefulnesses of that. Is great when you have it on your car.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Awesome, now she will she the usefulnesses of that. Is great when you have it on your car.
    It sure is! I just wish that in addition to the typical buttons on the lock screen that other apps like slacker radio or last.fm would also put their rating buttons on the lock screen too. Maybe a way to switch stations from there too. That would benefit me enormously.
    Samsung Focus

Quote Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
    ios has a unified inbox with a notification right on the home screen. You can check them the same way that you do on WP7. One inbox, one notification for emails from all accounts.

Good for Apple, getting another idea from WP7, atleast all the companies steal the good ideas from one another

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Good for Apple, getting another idea from WP7, atleast all the companies steal the good ideas from one another
    Android too. You can customize the every loving crap out of it's lock screen.
    Samsung Focus

Android too. You can customize the every loving crap out of it's lock screen.
    Yes, I've seen the direct rip they did with the Zune feature..I was like "Could you at least change the font??"
    LOL, still good to see them all make each other do more and more.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I like this, especially that Sense 3.0 when you can unlock the phone and go instantly to certain places, like the phone.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts

I was thinking iOS 5 included lock screen notifications but couldn't remember for sure.

Global Posts
    2,996 Global Posts
    Seems ios 5 is really just a total rip off of other smartphone platforms, but the users and tech press will act as if apple invented everything themselves. Probably try and patent all the copied stuff too. Really cant stand that company, and their mindless followers.
    willied and theman60099 like this.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Will she be assimilated?
    She's already been assimilated to the iCollective. We must sever her link to it, so that she can reclaim her humanity.
    ♥♥♥

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Ponies here too? I though this place was a safe haven lol.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    By the time I get back home my wife's iPhone 4 should be updated to IOS 5. Guess I'll have to see if my lowly trophy still spanks it, lol.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    i cracked, not by choice at fiorst though. i was forced to switch carriers because of a very poor signal in my area. i thought sprint would be better so i gave them a shot . didnt like the htc wp7 they had so i went with a nexus s 4g. signal was worse than it was with tmobile. so i had to crack and head back to big red, verizon.(got an iphone 4) i always have a signal with them but i pay for it. to me it is worth it, which was completely validated while i was in gatlinburg for the weekend. always had a strong signal. while in gatlinburg i had a head to head battle with my brother who is die hard microsoft, despises apple. he has the htc hd7, (my old phone) and i have an iphone 4. both excellent phones, but i must say i beat him on almost every aspect. camera quality, internet speed, app opening, app quality via fps, bing audio vs soundhound, gps, the list went on... given some were carrier based, but overall the iphone wins. specs mean nothing to me, i am basing this off of user experience. iphone 4s sold over 1 million phones in 24 hours, microsoft has a lot of catching up to do... i hope they can swim.

let the bashing begin, im a hypocrite, i know
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Global Posts
    2,178 Global Posts

Never try to get an iSheep to stray from the flock. :D

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    She just said it was cool and asked me to use it the other day. But that was before she got her White 4G :P

lol Be careful, though! Remember that Adam did end up biting that apple because of Eve :lol:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast