Difference between ordering from Verizon and Amazon?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Obviously amazon is a lot cheaper for a trophy at .01 compared to 150 from verizon. Is there a catch on ordering from amazon..seems too good to be true..

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but I believe that if you have any issues with your phone and you bought it from someone other than Verizon, then Verizon will not make any repairs or provide you with in-store support. That may not be a $150 difference to you, but just FYI.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you cancel service in the first 6 months, you pay both the VZW early termination fee and a $250 Amazon ETF. You sometimes cannot change terms of your contract.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Within the first 30 days, everything is done through Amazon. Warranty issues after 30 days can be done through the carrier.

You're locked into the rate plan you select when you upgrade/purchase for 6 mos. If you change, there are fees as described by threed61.

I had a good experience through them and would use them again.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Our experience was good the last 2 times that I ordered phones through Amazon for my wife and son (LG Xenon's a couple of years ago and LG Quantums earlier this year for AT&T move and then upgrade).

Scott

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 2 Samsung Focus', one for the wife and one for me, earlier this year using Amazon. It was amazing to me to see the $0.01 charges on my credit card. There are no catches. Just be sure you can live with the early termination penalties - which don't appear to be unreasonable compared to others. My experience was excellent. I'll never go to a store and upgrade in person ever again. It's that painless. I'd upgrade using Amazon again definitely!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, my carrier is AT&T

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought my WP7 from eBay, but I bought 2 BlackBerry's prior to that via Amazon, and had no problems. I even switched from AT&T to Sprint via Amazon, and it was completely hassle free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs