We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By theman60099
  • 2 Post By TheWeeBear
  • 1 Post By theman60099
  1. Bballbenb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    391 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Are all of your contacts stored in the people hub? So there is no seperate live tile that lists phone contacts?

    My big worry is with all of my social networks, I dont want thousands of contacts in my phone. I barely talk to 3/4 of the people that are my facebook friend so why have them in my phone?

    Should i just re make a new facebook?
  2. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    You can filter your contacts buckeyeballer09 to show facebook contacts or not.

    Go to your people hub / ... at the bottom / settings / filter my contact list.

    You also have the option in there to only show posts from people visible in your contact list.

    Would that help ?
  3. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    nope don't have to do all of that. u can filter what contacts I want to be displayed in the people hub contacts list. goto settings pan to applications and select people, then hit filter my contact list and uncheck Facebook. also u can even set the people hub to only show updates from people in the contact list.
    aubreyq likes this.
  4. Bballbenb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    391 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    ahhh ok good goood... I do not have a wp7..debating on trophy vs new iphone .....this was just a concern of mine...would rather have a wp7 but idk if the trophy will do it for me...thanks though guys
  5. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    ahhh ok good goood... I do not have a wp7..debating on trophy vs new iphone .....this was just a concern of mine...would rather have a wp7 but idk if the trophy will do it for me...thanks though guys
    Glad to help buckeyeballer09. :)

    Not that i'm biased or anything, but get a lovely new Windows Phone, you don't wan't that stale old rows and rows of icons look. That's so yesterday.

    This is 2011, Spinning Live Tiles are in! LOL ;)
    theman60099 and garrymcd like this.
  6. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeballer09 View Post
    ahhh ok good goood... I do not have a wp7..debating on trophy vs new iphone .....this was just a concern of mine...would rather have a wp7 but idk if the trophy will do it for me...thanks though guys
    I agree with theweebear iOS5 really isn't bringing much new features to the table than what can already be found in wp7 mango, iOS5 maybe only has a couple of things that mango does not but the feature set in mango FAR EXCEEDS that of iOS5
    TheWeeBear likes this.
  7. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I think this is going to push WP7 over the top. I've had a several IP3s, and a iPhone 4. The WP7 fresh interface is what's the true winner. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of the same interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Glad to help buckeyeballer09. :)

    Not that i'm biased or anything, but get a lovely new Windows Phone, you don't wan't that stale old rows and rows of icons look. That's so yesterday.

    This is 2011, Spinning Live Tiles are in! LOL ;)
  8. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I think this is going to push WP7 over the top. I've had a several IP3s, and a iPhone 4. The WP7 fresh interface is what's the true winner. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of the same interface.
    I thought u said the wp7 homescreen was just icons too. what made u change ur mind?
  9. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    It is icons, my mind hasn't changed. Why you think I've changed my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by theman60099 View Post
    I thought u said the wp7 homescreen was just icons too. what made u change ur mind?
    So is WebOS, Android, and BB. But they all are different.
  10. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    It is icons, my mind hasn't changed. Why you think I've changed my mind?

    So is WebOS, Android, and BB. But they all are different.
    they aren't icons.
  11. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,243 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,479 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    We can continue this in the first thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by theman60099 View Post
    they aren't icons.
    Just because it flips,rotate, does the jig, doesn't mean it's not an icon. LOL.
  12. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    For the most part tiles are just icons, but the interface is more than just tiles. MS came up with overarching design principles for everything and made it super easy for devs to follow those principles. That's what's so great about the design. Well designed third party apps are pretty much indistinguishable from the built in apps.
  13. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,648 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by theman60099 View Post
    nope don't have to do all of that. u can filter what contacts I want to be displayed in the people hub contacts list. goto settings pan to applications and select people, then hit filter my contact list and uncheck Facebook. also u can even set the people hub to only show updates from people in the contact list.
    Okay I dont have in settings >applications>people filter my contacts list afacebook box to uncheck. Not that I want at this time to do facebook contacts (friends) at some point I might and if that were to occur how would I get facebook contacts onto by device?
  14. theman60099's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Okay I dont have in settings >applications>people filter my contacts list afacebook box to uncheck. Not that I want at this time to do facebook contacts (friends) at some point I might and if that were to occur how would I get facebook contacts onto by device?
    its probably not there because u haven't added Facebook as an account. do u have mango? I forgot how it was in NoDo.

Posting Permissions

";