Copy & paste in IE9

frdnd

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, while riding the bus today I looked up the place of a museum in my area (Finnland => no Local scout) and tried to copy the address into Maps application, but that just didn't work. So is copy & paste just limited to email/office applications?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you mean copying text from a webpage, I've not been able to do that, either. Copying URLs works fine, however o.0. So I dunno what's up, maybe it's just something MS missed?:(

sloppy standard

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
it's in the timing

I think I figured it out: it's all in the timing. I got it to work after the copy/paste icon ACCIDENTALLY appeared while I was on Google. It was then that I realized I was used to another kind of UI (android). It takes a kind tactical tap as if you're stealthily swatting a fly. Now it works for every page on IE9 :p

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it. went to a random page, tapped a word, spread the selection. Copied it into an email and even into the maps search. Worked fine. Maybe I don't understand the problem fully.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I figured it out: it's all in the timing. I got it to work after the copy/paste icon ACCIDENTALLY appeared while I was on Google. It was then that I realized I was used to another kind of UI (android). It takes a kind tactical tap as if you're stealthily swatting a fly. Now it works for every page on IE9 :p

ah, I see :D I've been tap-holding all the time, lol :p Probably used to how iOS and Android handle this :D Bad habits I say!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I think his point is with google, you can just hit that little search button on the bottom right of you phone and immediately search Bing!

sloppy standard

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think his point is with google, you can just hit that little search button on the bottom right of you phone and immediately search Bing!
With all due respect to MS, who has done a stand-up job with WP 7.5, Bing Mobile search, at least in France, is dismal. But that's for another post....Although the voice and photo search integration is a good step forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos