Who else is patiently waiting for Nokia SeaRay?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
"pure Font" + hardware buttons = fAIL. The iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Nexus have set the new bar for what we can expect for smartphone hardware. The HTC Titan comes the closest.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Um.........a volume rocker, a power switch, and a dedicated camera button is NOT a fail, ESPECIALLY the camera button. All phones that come without one is a fail. Very hard to tap a touch screen when taking a picture of yourself

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Some people have been clamoring for real buttons isstead of capacitive I guess its a matter of personal preference. I dont see that much difference in the pure font and segoe I'm keeping an open mind until I can play with a titan a focus s and a nokia. Or wahtever comes alomng helck iof I go on and put my 32gb sdhc cvard in and it works well I may hold on to it until WP gets LTE!

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've grown to dislike the capacitive buttons on my Focus. Getting knocked out of games and apps is annoying.

The Nokia 800 hardware is still, in my opinion, the best looking of all the newly introduced devices. If it has a version with 64GB of storage capacity, I might even be convinced to buy one even with its smaller screen

L

lumic

KingCrimson, I hope you enjoy it when Andy Rubin announces that Android will have a left strip on the screen for the volume rocker, and a strip on the right for the camera.

Emulating the hardware buttons was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Hoping for real hardware buttons from Nokia.

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for Nokia, for sure. I owned many of their phones in the past, here in the UK. They, traditionally, had the best build quality, quality camera, and great battery life. Im hoping they will bring those qualities to WP7.

I currently have an old HD2 with WP7.5 on it, which runs great, so am waiting for Nokia's 4.3" screen version. For sure I want a screen larger then 4". I would have been tempted by the titan but I feel 4.7" is just too big for me. None of the other WP7 phones have really excited me so far. My upgrade doesnt come until January so I can afford some wait and see time.

However, it also depends on Nokia not making too many changes to the WP OS. I saw the screenshots of Searay and the "Nokia Musik" tile. Well I dont like the name for a start, but of course its the functionality that counts. We will see.

Regards.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm waiting for Nokia, for sure. I owned many of their phones in the past, here in the UK. They, traditionally, had the best build quality, quality camera, and great battery life. Im hoping they will bring those qualities to WP7.

I currently have an old HD2 with WP7.5 on it, which runs great, so am waiting for Nokia's 4.3" screen version. For sure I want a screen larger then 4". I would have been tempted by the titan but I feel 4.7" is just too big for me. None of the other WP7 phones have really excited me so far. My upgrade doesnt come until January so I can afford some wait and see time.

However, it also depends on Nokia not making too many changes to the WP OS. I saw the screenshots of Searay and the "Nokia Musik" tile. Well I dont like the name for a start, but of course its the functionality that counts. We will see.

Regards.

IOts just 2 mm wider than the 4.3 screen it still fits in a normal pants pocket or shirt. I probably wont get it because the resolution on the screen should be higher taking into account the larger size It should have higher pixel density with the screen size. But i'm trying to keep an open mind until I see them all up close and personal.

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
IOts just 2 mm wider than the 4.3 screen it still fits in a normal pants pocket or shirt. I probably wont get it because the resolution on the screen should be higher taking into account the larger size It should have higher pixel density with the screen size. But i'm trying to keep an open mind until I see them all up close and personal.

Only 2mm wider eh. I didnt know that, nice one. I'll have to hold one a see how it feels.

Cheers.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Now with the stories about runaway data usage when users thought their phones were idle, I'm getting very worried about WP7 Mango.

It's not wide spread and more than likely it's users that "forced" updated their devices or skipped a firmware update. The missing keyboard is more of an issue than the data problem right now.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Highly rated, so much they about to take a nosedive into non-existence. I wonder if they would have paid more attention to software, they wouldn't be losing so much marketshare. Style over substance never pays off.
The last Nokia I ever bought.

It does for Apple.

I need a bigger screen than 3.7"
There really needs to be a 4+" Nokia model...

And there will be...

Michael.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It it really a 3.7" display? The N9 has a 3.9" display and I find it hard to believe they would switch screens between the N9 and the 800/Searay.

N9's display is 480 x 854. WP7 has a standard of 480?800

The loss of those 54 pixels to the standard windows phone buttons shrinks the diagonal size to 3.7"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon