Am I the only one who thinks the touch response is slower than androids/ios?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it just the HTC Surround, or every windows phone? I've compared the touch speed when tapping something and Windows Phone seems to a little slow. That's something that always irked me. What about you guys?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never noticed a problem with touch response on a Focus or a HD7. I've had a iP4, and I don't remember it being any faster or slower. My girl's Captivate seems to lag sometimes.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd say you're pretty much the only one. On the other hand, maybe it's an issue with a setting on your handset, or maybe a fault. I don't think it's the OS in general. Are you on Mango yet?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The touch response on my HD7 can be seriously hit 'n miss... especially when typing.

This is really my biggest gripe with Mango...

I know they tried to improve the keyboard (and maybe tapping in general), but to me they went backwards. Typing is harder, and it's like your taps have to be slightly ABOVE what you're trying to tap and it can't be spot on (i.e. if I try to tap to highlight a word, I have to tap more above the word to highlight it). In NoDo, touch accuracy was better. Maybe they're trying to account for new users with fat fingers?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
i find mine to be better then the Iphone 4s, funny cause most reviews say its better on wp as well ,

maybe its just HTC ;) lol

I have always despised HTC devices. In Android's case, they use gimmicks to cover the fact that they're using old technology to make cheap devices and things like "3D camera" so people won't care about the fact that it's GPU is crap compared to other phones like it...

This seems to be the case with Windows Phone also.....the camera is OK but the video FPS is awful. They use crap screens to cut cost but make a "bullet-stopping" metal body to make it feel more premium than it actually is...

The only reason I have an HTC Arrive is because I'm not ready to leave Sprint yet (but that is getting ready to change soon.....)

OP...you need to also keep in mind that all Windows Phone devices are using extremely old hardware. 1st gen Snapdragon processors were nice like 2 years ago...and with the iPhone 4 you simply can't compare the two because the processors are on different levels. I find that my Arrive can pretty much keep up opening apps and touch response with iPhone and Galaxy S II devices, not falling too far behind to where it's annoyingly noticeable. Once we get better hardware then you can compare...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have always despised HTC devices. In Android's case, they use gimmicks to cover the fact that they're using old technology to make cheap devices and things like "3D camera" so people won't care about the fact that it's GPU is crap compared to other phones like it...

This seems to be the case with Windows Phone also.....the camera is OK but the video FPS is awful. They use crap screens to cut cost but make a "bullet-stopping" metal body to make it feel more premium than it actually is...

The only reason I have an HTC Arrive is because I'm not ready to leave Sprint yet (but that is getting ready to change soon.....)

lol true that , ALLOT of my phones have been HTC , and its true they cover up the lack of tech with Minor BS things , like a Bike Kick stand to watch Movies.... seriously... a kick stand? does it come with a mini table to put on your lap?

i think i remember reading reviews on ENGAGET last year when the FIRST htc phones came out (surround HD7) saying that the touch wasn’t AS responsive as the LG and Samsungs phones. Hence why I returned my HTC for a Samsung (the next day) well that and the S-AMOLED..

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Have to say I agree on the video front. The resolution shooting 720p stuff on the Mozart is fine, but the FPS rate on playback looks awful. I filmed a few short clips of my 7 month old daughter the other day, and when I check them afterwards it looked like she had epilepsy!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
yea...I'm really considering dropping Sprint and picking up a Focus on Craigslist or eBay and moving to AT&T....if only they had unlimited data and their billing system wasn't so rigged with ways to get you to end up paying way more than you should...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the htc trophy and I don't have any issues with it. Of course I've never compared it to another WP7. For me it gets the job done quickly and smoothly. (Not sure if smoothly is a real word)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
This is really my biggest gripe with Mango...

I know they tried to improve the keyboard (and maybe tapping in general), but to me they went backwards. Typing is harder, and it's like your taps have to be slightly ABOVE what you're trying to tap and it can't be spot on (i.e. if I try to tap to highlight a word, I have to tap more above the word to highlight it). In NoDo, touch accuracy was better. Maybe they're trying to account for new users with fat fingers?

To be honest, I prefer the touch on Mango as Nodo was WAY OFF at times. The problem seems to be the space bar (Nodo/Mango on HD7). Compared to Nodo, it's better, but at speed, it seems to have the same problem Nodo had: when you press space bar, you can see it'll actually give you an 'M' or something else a similar distance away. It's annoying when you're in a rush.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism