how to delete lots of photos

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok I give up. I have about 200 photos and need to clean house, but I can't find any way to do it, other than the unbelieveably slow and tedious process of deleting them one by one. I don't see any way do do it with the Zune application either. And as we all know, the WP7 files system isn't vislble from a PC.

This is dumb. How are people cleaning up their old photos?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
connect phone to PC, use zune software to look at Phone Photos, ctrl-click to multi-select, hit delete.

Thanks Coffee for that tip I have moved most of the photos on the phone to skydrive and they are also still on the phone now I can delete them and just access them from skydrive! Woo Hoo!

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I see now that Zune has the option of deleting from the phone, and not just the PC. The remaining problem is that Zune's gigantic display will only show a maximum of 9 photos at once, making this a tedious job. I don't see an option to reduce the photos to thumbnails or some other manageable display.

Why does everything in Metro and Zune have to be so flippin' BIG?

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I keep all my photos on Flikr and Picasa. What I like,there are apps for both in the Marketplace. Type in Yahoo if you want Flikr or if you choose Picasa, the app is picasa metro.
I have both in my apps, and I can see all my photos which you can also add or edit.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I see now that Zune has the option of deleting from the phone, and not just the PC. The remaining problem is that Zune's gigantic display will only show a maximum of 9 photos at once, making this a tedious job. I don't see an option to reduce the photos to thumbnails or some other manageable display.

Why does everything in Metro and Zune have to be so flippin' BIG?

Go to the actual folder where the photos are stored on the PC. You can then highlight as many photos as you want. Zune will auto sync (assuming you enabled it).

You're making this much harder than what it needs to be. ;)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
...You're making this much harder than what it needs to be. ;)
In my opinion, having to rely on a PC to delete multiple pictures is what it's making it harder than what it needs to be. If you can delete multiple emails on the phone, why not pictures as well? What is wrong with wanting to do that?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, having to rely on a PC to delete multiple pictures is what it's making it harder than what it needs to be. If you can delete multiple emails on the phone, why not pictures as well? What is wrong with wanting to do that?

I don't remember saying there was something wrong with wanting to do that.

However, using the Zune software to delete photos IS making it harder for yourself.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'd like to leave many of them on the PC and just delete them on the phone. So what I have to do is make copies of the ones I want to save, then delete them on the PC and let synchronization remove them from the phone.

Lotta hoops, and it would be much easier if we could just access the file system on the WP7 phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss