Thinking about integrating Facebook into the People Hub. How do you guys like it?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Even though I've had my phone for almost a year, I never integrated Facebook into the People Hub. At first I was concerned about People Hub clutter, but later found that I can hide my FB contacts from the hub. I also know that FB considers WP7 a third-party app so I may miss some status updates based on their privacy settings.

Some questions for you:

1) How do you like using the People Hub with Facebook?

2) If you use or have used the official FB app, how does it compare?

3) Can I "undo" the integration?

4) Do my FB contacts get synced/mixed with my Windows Live contacts once I link FB to my phone? I wouldn't like that, btw.

Thanks in advance.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1) Love it
2) use it with the people hub. It adds functionality that's missing from the people hub.
3)Yes
4) Yes, but not if you don't want to. You can set it in the setting menu where it won't integrate your FB contacts with your other contacts.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're a big facebook user, then do it. If you're just a casual user (a few times a week), then you may not want to bother.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is the best thing in the world for me. I also integrated Twitter and sure it's weird to see Bill Gates and Barack Obama on my contacts but is alright :D.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and did it. So far I'm liking it. I will try adding my Twitter account over the weekend to see how that goes.

Off topic: When I update my status, in addition to Facebook, I see an option for posting to Windows Live. My question is, what happens when you post to Windows Live? I mean, who will get that? Would that be an SMS to my regular contacts or something?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and did it. So far I'm liking it. I will try adding my Twitter account over the weekend to see how that goes.

Off topic: When I update my status, in addition to Facebook, I see an option for posting to Windows Live. My question is, what happens when you post to Windows Live? I mean, who will get that? Would that be an SMS to my regular contacts or something?

It is basically like a Facebook status update, next to your name on your friend's lists will display what ever you post.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
its great up to a point, but as a 3rd party app some peoples facebook updates maynot show up depending on their privacy settings. Its fine as far as it goes, but i've gone back to the facebook app sadly as people hub doesnt update all my friends and the app does

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
its great up to a point, but as a 3rd party app some peoples facebook updates maynot show up depending on their privacy settings. Its fine as far as it goes, but i've gone back to the facebook app sadly as people hub doesnt update all my friends and the app does

Yeah, I was aware of that issue and sure enough some of my FB friends' posts won't show up on the People Hub. Ironically these are FB friends that actually post stuff I'm interested in :p. These also happen to be my privacy-savvy friends that set up their FB to not post on 3rd party apps. So yes, I still have to use the FB app if I don't want to miss anything.

I think it's the opposite. If you're a casual facebook user it would be fine, even great, but if you're a big facebook user you will find it severely lacking.

I think you might be right, Rhody. At first I unpinned FB and Twitter from the Start screen but now they are back in. My favorite features of this integration so far are:

- Using the Me tile for a quick check of my notificiations
- Using the Me tile for quickly posting to FB, Twitter, or (very cool) both
- Sharing a picture on Facebook directly from the Pictures Hub

I consider the FB and Twitter integration an "almost there", but I will still use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3