Mango Update problems...

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
so, I got home from work this evening and was pleased to find the update waiting notification on my phone... hooked up to the pc, fired up Zune, and kicked the long awaited Mango update off...

all was going smoothly for the first half hour or so... right up until this came up on my monitor:

wolf1891-albums12-38.jpg

I followed the link to the MS troubleshooting page, tried the recommended fix for that error code, and still no luck (four tries now, still getting the same error code). grrrrr... anyone else had this bit of fun in the attempt to do the Mango update?

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
BUMP

I have the same exact issue on my Dell Venue Pro. Step 6 always fails. I wish I could have Mango :(

Not sure if this will help you but, it looks like my problem was that my PC is running Windows XP (it's an older machine but, it still works fine so haven't felt a need to replace it). So, last night I borrowed a friend's laptop running Windows 7, installed Zune on that machine, hooked up my DVP and, the update magic finally happened!

So, if you are using an WinXP computer, see if there is a Win7 machine that you can use for this update. Hope you can get it sorted out, I am really loving all the new features and capabilities that Mango has brought to my phone!

s0mnambul1st

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
What on earth is going on?

Mango update finally arrives on Zune... And my HTC Mozart was ruined in the update process. It got stuck on the HTC splash screen while restarting during the update process. I was able to restore it though.

I bought another HTC Mozart and same thing happened! Only this time, I can't restore it to its pre-Mango state. I can't seem to fix it.

I bought an HTC HD7 and now I'm afraid to update it to Mango. Three phones in less than a week.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb