10-26-2011 05:23 AM
- I recently purchased a HTC Trophy to try out the Windows os. So far I like it alot, but have a problem with my emails...
The home screen tile doesn't always show the correct number of newly received emails. For example, I may receive a half dozen emails overnight, but my home screen inbox tile will maybe show that only one new message is there.
Also, once in the email app., newly received emails do not always show up in the "unread" view.
I haven't been able to find a rhyme or reason to it. Hoping someone could shed some light on this.
Please forgive if this has been discussed. Couldn't find anything similar using search. Also, thanks for all the great info I've learned here. Especially, the force mango update. It worked like a champ (after 30+ tries...lol).10-23-2011 07:59 PM
Some of the bellsouth.net mail shows up on the home screen tile and the "unread" screen...some doesn't. Weird.10-23-2011 08:37 PM
- the hotmail accounts were directly associated with the phone and come to yoour device as well as to to a desktop/laptop or just to the trophy? and the bell south accounts were ones you had before you got the trophy and were associated with the trophy after purchase?10-23-2011 09:55 PM
- 10-23-2011 10:25 PM
- Odd. I have Hotmail, Live, Yahoo and AOL accounts on my phone and they all work flawlessly. Except for the Yahoo account, I view sync these accounts with my work and home PCs without any issues.
Have not tried linking accounts yet, but can't imagine that would be the problem. But you might want to try unlinking for a couple days and see if/where the problem goes.
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express10-23-2011 10:52 PM
- I have an Exchange Service account for work, Yahoo!, Google, and three Live accounts syncing up. Three of them linked. I have never heard of this problem, let alone witness it myself.
I'm thinking Jimski is on the right track, unlinking accounts and letting it sort itself out. You could also uninstall all the accounts (except for the one associated with the phone) and re-add them in. That may help.
Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express10-25-2011 07:36 AM
- It might also be a quirk of how WP7 handles mail syncing. I have mine set to sync manually, and often go into mail, sync to see if I have any new messages - none appear (this is two linked Gmail accounts). I then reply to a message, sync again so that reply sends, and bang - three or four messages turn up the second time, even though the sync cycles were minutes apart (and those messages are timed before the first sync, so it's not that they just showed up).
So the tile number may be wrong because it might be experiencing the same "lag" factor. While Mail in WP7 is generally great, it does seem to be a bit hiccupy with the upload/download.10-26-2011 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD