Ugh....this Tile redraw is driving me crazy....

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I have 26 tiles and I'm not noticing anything. I can sometimes get it to redraw by doing that fast flick up and then press the Windows/home button, but even then it's only a blink.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was just a Windows Phone Mango thing that after adding a lot of tiles to the start screen, scrolling fast causes the icons on the tiles to disappear and the color of your theme is shown instead until they re-draw. After using my Samsung Focus for a sec (running against my HTC Arrive), and finding that the Focus DOES NOT do this (you have to try VERY HARD for it to happen), I've come to the conclusion that it's either an "HTC thing" or a "smaller screen" thing (or even Super AMOLED vs LCD). Either way, it's very annoying and I wish Microsoft would fix it.

I also noticed other weird differences, like slower rotation response on the Focus vs the Arrive. The Arrive is much faster at screen rotation, but the Focus doesn't have the Tile redraw thing.

I have the HTC trophy and I've noticed this. Sometimes when I'm scrolling through apps, its just pictures of grey squares next to the app titles for a second before the app pictures appear.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC trophy and I've noticed this. Sometimes when I'm scrolling through apps, its just pictures of grey squares next to the app titles for a second before the app pictures appear.

I've seen this as well, which is what made me move to putting my apps on the start screen (and its just cool having large tile icons instead of little apps like iOS and Android...its what sets Windows Phone OS apart IMO)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this as well, which is what made me move to putting my apps on the start screen (and its just cool having large tile icons instead of little apps like iOS and Android...its what sets Windows Phone OS apart IMO)

the thing is, outta the many gripes I have, that doesn't bother me. I just figure its a computer related thing..its gonna happen sometimes

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me all the time on my HTC Trophy. It never happend on Mango RTM, but since the official release it is pretty bad. The app list is horrible. I could scroll really slow all the way to the bottom, and then it takes like a second for some of the icons to draw.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
i'm going to post this on the Microsoft feedback forum (even though I know they won't care lol)...they're going to be like "deal with it kid...it's freaking Windows Phone MANGO" lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes