Web MP and Find my phone option

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Need help confirming this. I have the Find my phone feature enabled to save my location every few hours but not the option to connect faster. I seem to be getting the first option enabled again if I push an application from the web marketplace, tried it multiple times and each time that option would be enabled. Would appreciate if others could try this and see if they are seeing the same thing. Thanks.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah same thing,

i notice ever sints mango , every time you download an app , it makes you enable your location :( sorta of a pain in the *** if you ask me ...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, question is how much effect this has on battery life, if any. For me currently my DVP is pretty poor and yesterday I noticed it was really bad then I eventually found that this option had been turned on again. Do you notice if it makes your battery worse?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i dont think it hurts your battery much..

the only way i can see it really killing your battery is if it basically enables your location for ALL your apps.... which would cost your apps to always search for updates and kill your battery...

OR

if you find yourself often in areas where you have NO reception , your phone will constantly look for reception witch in return hurts your battery. :S

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well it seems whatever the case it shouldnt be enabled by using the Web MP. I hope there is more feedback to see what others have experienced with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3