Where is Mango for the Samsung Focus 1.4?

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If they had come forward and said so, we wouldn't be asking here. As the OP said, there was absolutely zero communication on this. ATT, MSFT, WP, Samsung support reps just refuse to answer the question on Twitter. Shame on MSFT.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well when every one else got mango , they still said early to mid november. it was posted in an article on engaget and on wpcentral.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If they had come forward and said so, we wouldn't be asking here. As the OP said, there was absolutely zero communication on this. ATT, MSFT, WP, Samsung support reps just refuse to answer the question on Twitter. Shame on MSFT.

Blame Samsung for switching the hardware on MS and not telling them. If MS can update all the devices from htc, LG and even the troublesome dell with few issues that should tell you the problem is with Samsung not microsoft.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Blame Samsung for switching the hardware on MS and not telling them. If MS can update all the devices from htc, LG and even the troublesome dell with few issues that should tell you the problem is with Samsung not microsoft.

I know that the issue is because of Samsung. But I'm blaming Microsoft's communication here and not the actual issue itself. Also, v1.4 phones outside US has been already updated to Mango. The ball is now in ATT's court actually. But it was MSFT who promised us during NoDo update that the issue will not repeat.

TLDR, even if it was Samsung's mistake initially for changing the hardware, it is MSFT's fault subsequently for making Samsung get away with that, failing to keep up the promise on Mango update and poor communication regarding the updates to the users. Hope you understand. Thanks.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
well when every one else got mango , they still said early to mid november. it was posted in an article on engaget and on wpcentral.

Are you mentioning about the leaked ATT email ? It said 10/28 and that date has come and gone. But I don't remember seeing any timeline specific for Focus v1.4. Searched in WPCentral and Engadget but don't see that. May be i'm missing something.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well I’m sure it was just rumor , like 99% of the news we see , but they were saying mid November.... considering thats when the new phones come out (iish ) i wouldn’t be surprised. And im not talking about the leaked e-mail. But I remember that time line. lol

mcwop

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
seriously regretting getting involved with MSFT on this phone. This update is key to me staying with it, or I will go back to the iPhone, which has way more features, and apps than even Mango. MSFT really does not get it, and I do blame them.

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I feel for you - and updates are a key for me too.

My advice is to hit the blogs - leave some comments on the Windows Phone blog, maybe fire off a few tweets too at the WindowsPhone twitter account.

Head over to windowsphone.uservoice.com too, and leave feedback for them asking for the update to be brought to your handset.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, more than enough people have left comments on phone updates posts on windowsteamblog.com blog. Now, they've started hijacking other posts too. Nothing from MS till now. Not long before we become too vocal. It's a minority but I think frustration is building up.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So, take this for what it is. I am not sure what it implies. But I and another person have been posting on every post at the Windows Phone Blog (official Microsoft blog) about the issue. We have been polite about it. Yesterday evening we were contacted by someone from Microsoft who would not speak on the situation but just said he wanted to make the situation right for us. So supposedly he is sending me a Focus rev 1.3 phone. I gave him my address last night, so hopefully he gets it sent out today before this post makes it way around and might piss him off and make him not send it!

He was very nice to me about the situation, but still would not address the issue.

Maybe he is just trying to stop us from posting in every Microsoft blog post about the 1.4 Focus, or maybe it is just never going to happen. I have no idea. But take it for what it is, and hopefully this post will not prevent me from getting the new 1.3 phone from him!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that Mango is going to come late for the 1.4 just like NoDo did. Unfortunately, that's little comfort for those still waiting for Mango goodness.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting here for my wife's phone too. ATT went so far as to delete my post when I questioned then about it on their Facebook page! I'm normally pretty patient, but that flat out enraged me. If you don't know, tell me so, but don't just sweep be under the rug like that. I am NOT going away! >:-[

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i agree, instead of correcting the problem, they seem to be going in the other direction it seems, by looking at their recent steps -- no status updates, ignoring all the questions, and that post yesterday where he was clearly trying to bribe , i did ask brian about it yesterday on his blog post too,
it's just making me loose my mind .

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
@drankurn Just curious. Did Brian Seitz mentioned that publicly in his blog post? I don't see that in comments of any of the post. Can you link if so?

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
@blaksnar Brian gave his email in response to the couple of comments about the 1.4 and asked to email him, he specifically asked two posters and looks like he deleted that post today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6