Haptic feedback on keyboard?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I am considering switching to WP7 from Android, but I was wondering if the keyboard presses gave haptic feedback on WP7. Also, are there keyboard alternatives available for download? My wife has an iPhone and one of the things that I like about Android over iOS is the fact that there are options, including haptic feedback.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So if the HD7 does, but the Focus does not, does that mean that this is not a feature of the OS itself? I sort of thought of the WP7 keyboard as similar to the iOS keyboard, in that it only comes in one flavor. Unless, of course, there are options, like there are in Android.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So if the HD7 does, but the Focus does not, does that mean that this is not a feature of the OS itself? I sort of thought of the WP7 keyboard as similar to the iOS keyboard, in that it only comes in one flavor. Unless, of course, there are options, like there are in Android.

I have an HTC Trophy on Vzw. MS does require certain specifications of the phone, no matter the manufacturer. Sounds like it is up to the manufacturer to decide if their phone keyboard has haptic feedback or not. Now, I do get haptic feedback when I push the back button. :D

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Trophy on Vzw. MS does require certain specifications of the phone, no matter the manufacturer. Sounds like it is up to the manufacturer to decide if their phone keyboard has haptic feedback or not. Now, I do get haptic feedback when I push the back button. :D

I would love to have the option to turn off the little naughty.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No haptic feedback on my Surround, and what not aware that it was a feature on any WP. You can turn kb sound on/off, but works with system volume. So lower the volume while typing and then miss a call cause you can't hear your phone. Hope that gets corrected or becomes available in Homebrew.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Had it in the Mozart, but I turned the key press tone and vibrate because it’s annoying for more text intensive use. Too bad the soft-key vibrate can’t be turned off.

For the models without haptic feedback, is the Setting => Ringtones + Sound => Play a sound for Key press option there or removed ?

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it should be there on all models. The only problem is that along with the vibration, there is also a little "pop" noise that plays along with every key press. This can be taken care of by turning the volume down, but that turns the volume down on the entire phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro