When will we get more than 16gb device?

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Just like many of you, I got EXTREMELY excited with the arrival of the 2nd gen windows phone. To me most of them are very intriguing and the only thing that made me hesitate was having the best dilemma you can have which is - “Which one do I pick?” The Titan has a huge screen and sound enhancer, Nokia has EA sports games, and Focus S has Super AMOLED touch screen. Amongst that all they all have killer specs and of course the perfect OS for me.

But alas a truly ugly problem rears its head. Their limited to 16 gb of internal memory with no Microsd card slot. This wouldn’t be a big deal if I didn’t already occupy 18 gigs of memory on my focus currently, most of which is music, and didn’t plan to expand. I want one of these great new toys like a spoiled child but then I gotta drop 4 gigs of songs.
I don’t know bout ya’ll but I’m sad as **** now.

So to try and cheer myself up or start a pity party, BRING PRESENTS OR BRING DRINKS, Ima start speculating on my perfect future device – A Windows Phone with at least 32 gb and a ffc running Mango.

WHEN WILL WE GET IT?

Last edited:

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Because the iPhone doesn't have Zune ;)

My thoughts exactly. As discouraging as the lack on memory the new devices have been for me, there is still NO WAY ima get a iPhone. And this aint no MS vs Mac thing, its a I hate itunes thing. I just can't do it. I'll stick with my Focus until Apollo devices come out before I use itunes. GOD I HATE ITUNES.

Last edited:

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Because the iPhone doesn't have Zune ;)

While this may be seen as an advantage to you, many people see the word "Zune" and think "Edsel". I understand that you and other Zune diehards love Zune, but understand that your affection isn't mainstream, and represents another marketing hurdle for MS.While MS has been told that calling it "Windows Phone" can link bad memories of Vista, etc., but there have been few calls saying it should have been named the "Zune Phone".

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I must admit to feeling a little twinge of dissapointment when I saw the Lumia 800 only had 16GB of storage. I remembered how my previous iPhone 3G 16GB became rather ... 'full' toward the end of it's life with me.

However, lets not forget the advantages of Windows Phone could help reduce the storage you need. SkyDrive gives you 25GB of space. So, that 7GB of personal photos I like to carry with me that have been synced from my photo library .. can now live on SkyDrive rather than on the handset - and just like that, I've saved a load of space!

Now, sure - it doesn't completely eliminate the need for more storage - and I really hope that Microsoft will encourage vendors to offer handsets with more capacity - but for the time being, it's not a deal breaker for me, however I can see how it might affect people who want to load up their handsets with a big music library, and some videos too.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
While this may be seen as an advantage to you, many people see the word "Zune" and think "Edsel". I understand that you and other Zune diehards love Zune, but understand that your affection isn't mainstream, and represents another marketing hurdle for MS.While MS has been told that calling it "Windows Phone" can link bad memories of Vista, etc., but there have been few calls saying it should have been named the "Zune Phone".
The problem with your assessment is that I don't use Zune. I pay for it monthly, just in case I ever want to use it for the 10 free songs + unlimited streaming/download. In fact, my main device is the iPhone 4S right now and I have the 64gb. Until recently, I only used 1.1gb since it's release on the 14th of last month. Only reason is because I started taking lots of pictures.

The facts are... the iPhone doesn't have Zune, so it needs more storage than most. Not saying Zune is the answer for most, but there is a market for those who do not have much of a music collection or never load music on their device. I'm in the latter category. I wipe my devices a lot and try new betas all the time, so having to put music back on my device is to bothersome.

Zune phone is such an ugly name... the Zune didn't even do close to as good as it could have, so naming it after a product line that in my eyes "failed" to meet expectations, IMHO, would be a bad idea.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
A great device and music service failed commercially because it was never truly supported. A "Zune phone" would be horrible. Do I want more memory? yes. Do I need it? Don't think I do. The great part of ZUNE Pass is that you load and unload what you are currently want to hear. And depending on where you live and commute, stream the rest from the marketplace. I have a Zune 32 HD and had a Zune 30, but both only ever had 16 used. Windows Phone will be the right name when MS gets behind it and all devices are tied by 3 screens, one experience. Now will VZW please give me more choices for phones and not necessarily just more memory?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Nokia will bring 32GB devices in the first two quarters of next year, but i'm not expecting to see any until Apollo hits the scene. I think OEMs and carriers need to see demand from consumers before they risk making/stocking higher capacity devices, which will already be selling to a much smaller market than iOS or Android devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea