Attach an office doc to email.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I started an email for work. I had the email written, and was going to attach an excel file that I had saved from another email. I hit the paperclip and only got pictures, but could not get to any Office docs. I know how to open the document and then send it, but I should be able to attach an office file once I am in email. Pictures can't be the only thing people want to send. First real "huh?" moment on WP.
Could somebody tell me how to do this so that I know what to do next time?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just what you said you have to open it then send it from there. We don't have access to the WP file system at this point in WP evolution so attachments are limited to pictures at this time. I suspect this will change at some point but I couldn't tell you when.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just copy the text from the email then open up the Excel document, choose Share, then just paste the text from the old email into the new one and voila. :)

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That is what I expected. So, that would be my first request for Tango - Attaching items other than just pictures.
I concur. When you press the attachment icon, it should list Pictures and Documents as options. Essentially anything that is not a picture can be categorized as a "Document." Hopefully they're working on that.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... There have been many times I wanted to fwd a PDF and didn't have docs access.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99