Disappearing keyboard getting worse on my Focus

mcetlinski

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to nail it down with certainty, but one observation with my HTC Trophy;
I have the extended battery on it, when the keyboard starts dissapearing on me I have noticed it is when I have my index fingers on the back side of the phone on the "thinner" portion that would be right behind the back, windows, and search buttons. When this issue occurs I have been able to get the keyboard to stay by holding the phone with my fingers over the larger extended battery cover portion. Could be a coincidence, but could it be the sensitivity of the display at the bottom portion is too high? As in it is picking up something from the backside, or at least from the side.

One can imagine that if you are cradling the phone closer to the bottom as one does while typing that your thumbs naturally hover over the bottom of the screen. In my opinion the sensitivity of the screen it too high already as I routinely accidentaly hit the "search" for bing.

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
my keyboard is getting very annoying.

It disappears very frequently. Multiple times a day.

very very frustrating.

needs to be fixed asap losing patience.

Have Focus S

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed in Focus S. Happens only in the Board Express Application. Never happened in old Focus. Not a big deal, since Board Express never registers my touches, so I don't accidentally tap something, lol.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I brought this up to multiple employees at the Inner Circle event in Phoenix last night. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

stryker09

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually I do think its a background task getting activated frequently. I have a custom app running. And it refreshes quite frequently as a Periodic Task.

Keyboard issue went away completely after I disabled it.

Maybe its apps with similar Periodic Tasks scheduled. I only had HTC Hub, Battery Status and my custom app running in the background. Disabled mine, and issue resolved.

Chhers.

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I know it has to do with background tasks. I've tested it by having last.fm running in the background while typing something on MehDoh. Everytime I hit next on top to switch to the next song, my keyboard disappears.

It should be a really really simple fix for Microsoft. I can't see it being more than a few lines of code telling the keyboard to only respond to 3 things, either the back button, a touch on the screen, or the enter button.

This should have already been fixxed.

The only reason I can imagine it happening more frequently to users is because the more they use the phone, the more they probably have installed background tasks.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I know it has to do with background tasks. I've tested it by having last.fm running in the background while typing something on MehDoh. Everytime I hit next on top to switch to the next song, my keyboard disappears.

It should be a really really simple fix for Microsoft. I can't see it being more than a few lines of code telling the keyboard to only respond to 3 things, either the back button, a touch on the screen, or the enter button.

This should have already been fixxed.

The only reason I can imagine it happening more frequently to users is because the more they use the phone, the more they probably have installed background tasks.

Could be, but it's so random you can't tell.. Its at a point where 99% of the time the keyboard drops out when I'm typing. Sometimes multiple times while trying to type a text message other times maybe once. My keyboard just disappeared right before this sentence. This has been an issue long enough I don't know why there isn't a fix yet.

icenode

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue and very annoying to work around. Its little niggles like this that really hurt an otherwise good OS. Hope Tango fixes this and the occasional swipe/tap misread.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue and very annoying to work around. Its little niggles like this that really hurt an otherwise good OS. Hope Tango fixes this and the occasional swipe/tap misread.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Im not looking for miracles but I seriously thought some very obvious things were gonna be fixed in mango (separate volume controls for keyboard and media, better silence/vibrate functions, custom themes colors and message tones. I have to say I was disappointed. And now the keyboard is something that needs to be fixed too.
I read somewhere that tango is not really an "update" but a primer for Apollo. I also read its a minor fix for some barely noticeable software issues, mostly in the Asian community. I read that it's an upgrade for low-end devices. And the last I heard was its really a major update but Microsoft doesn't wanna let the cat outta the bag.. Does anyone really know what tango is?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
not really whats been said is indeed somewhat all over the place but we should be finding out in the next few months. At the arte the 7740 and firmware for focus are coming out maybe they are waiting for tango to get that out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss