Spotify Now available for WP

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I got all excited when I heard the news. So I went over to the marketplace to install it. BUT turns out it's only available for mango. I've been waiting for this app for a long time and when it's released I can't even install it!

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty nice. I signed up for a free account. And I've found every song I've looked for so far. Nice.

Scratch that, you automatically get a premium account for free when you first sign up, then move to the more restricted free account a few days later.

Last edited:

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Is it just me or the app doesn't stream to Facebook and won't let you set your Last.FM credentials to scrobble? :-(

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
For Facebook it's supposed to stream automatically because you allow the app when you first sign up. As for Last.FM, you log in from the application (at least that's how you do it for the desktop app) because there's no option within the website.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I'm going to look into the facebook streaming. That would be a neat feature. I don't have the desktop program installed, so hopefully I can go it without it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They seem to be similar. But if you had the old Zune pass and was grandfathered in, you get to keep 10 songs every month, DRM free. I think spotify will be great for places where MS doesn't offer Zune services.
Such a lovely app. Wish it looked that good on iOS :( How does this compare to Zune Pass on WP?

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried this when it first came to the US, found it to be not much different than napster, rhapsody, zune pass, o or others already available. It got a lot of hype sure to the love of anything with a British accent by the American media.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it non stop since 8 this morning. If I had to choose between any of the available services, I would choose this one. The app is A+, and I'm finding music that I couldn't with Zune services. Plus, the streaming is seemless, no lag so far. I did having some skips walking out the door from work to outside while switching from Wifi to 3G.
I tried this when it first came to the US, found it to be not much different than napster, rhapsody, zune pass, o or others already available. It got a lot of hype sure to the love of anything with a British accent by the American media.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Great 1jaxstate1, it's a great service, very popular in Europe. Here's hoping it does well across the pond too. :)

Yes that was very fair of Microsoft for sure. :)

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it non stop since 8 this morning. If I had to choose between any of the available services, I would choose this one. The app is A+, and I'm finding music that I couldn't with Zune services. Plus, the streaming is seemless, no lag so far. I did having some skips walking out the door from work to outside while switching from Wifi to 3G.

Glad youre enjoying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos