XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

New or refurbed?

Is a refurbed Surface right for you?

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. wayneholbrook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Im not sure why but when I set up exchange email on my new Samsung Focus S I cant seem to get it to complete. It will ask me for the normal info such as user name, domain, and server. For some reason it will not allow me t sign in unless I put something in the domain field. I do not have that, just like on my iphone or blackberry I have always left that domain field blank. Im not sure what to do from this point.

    Im not sure what exchange server my department uses as this was never an issue with my other devices before.

    Can anyone advise me on what to do?

    Also I noticed if any of your other accounts are not windows live, the mail doesnt come as it arrives like on some other platforms. You have to set it for 15 min, 2 hours etc... Is that really the case?
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 11-08-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Missing information
  2. dtboos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Hotmail/Live, Exchange, and Gmail comes as it arrives as they support push on their end. But pretty sure thats it.

    As far as exchange goes, you may have to check with your IT dept as they may not support WP. My mom's exchange server was fine with that field left blank, but my dad couldn't use his as his new company does not support the phone.
  3. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Domain is usually the same domain you use to log in at work. So if your company is called Contonso you use Contonso are your Domain.

    Ask your IT administrator for credentials its pretty easy. Also ask what version of Exchange your using if your using 2010 you need your administrator to do this for you in order for your phone to sync. This happened to me today luckly I am the admin

    If you are using Exchange 2010 let me know the admin needs to do something to your account for you to recieve mail.
  4. blurredvision's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by based_graham View Post
    Domain is usually the same domain you use to log in at work. So if your company is called Contonso you use Contonso are your Domain.

    Ask your IT administrator for credentials its pretty easy. Also ask what version of Exchange your using if your using 2010 you need your administrator to do this for you in order for your phone to sync. This happened to me today luckly I am the admin

    If you are using Exchange 2010 let me know the admin needs to do something to your account for you to recieve mail.
    I administrate Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010 on a daily basis for many clients and am curious on what you're referring to here. I know active-sync needs to be turned on for individual mailboxes but this is typically on by default unless the engineer explicitly turns them off on setup. Is this what you're referring to or something else? This is a serious question, I'm always looking to learn more about my line of work.
  5. enahs555's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    651 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Usually you can just put the same thing as the server address and it will work.
  6. pseudoware's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,213 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
    Im not sure why but when I set up exchange email on my new Samsung Focus S I cant seem to get it to complete. It will ask me for the normal info such as user name, domain, and server. For some reason it will not allow me t sign in unless I put something in the domain field. I do not have that, just like on my iphone or blackberry I have always left that domain field blank. Im not sure what to do from this point.

    Im not sure what exchange server my department uses as this was never an issue with my other devices before.
    If your server name is mail.mydomain.com, try entering "mydomain" in the domain field. However, a hosted exchange account shouldn't need a domain entered.

    Also I noticed if any of your other accounts are not windows live, the mail doesnt come as it arrives like on some other platforms. You have to set it for 15 min, 2 hours etc... Is that really the case?
    Sounds like this in in the imap/pop settings. The settings for an exxchange acct has an "as items arrive" selection.

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
  7. based_graham's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blurredvision View Post
    I administrate Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010 on a daily basis for many clients and am curious on what you're referring to here. I know active-sync needs to be turned on for individual mailboxes but this is typically on by default unless the engineer explicitly turns them off on setup. Is this what you're referring to or something else? This is a serious question, I'm always looking to learn more about my line of work.
    I upgraded from Exchange 2007 to 2010 today jez what a pain. My phone wouldn't sync but iPhones would.

    In order to fix this I had to go to ADUC (showind advanced properties) do a properties on the affected user --> Security --> Advanced --> Tick allow inhertiable permissions and OK everything.

    After I did this all my Exchange e-mail synced up just fine.
  8. Budroid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I had problems with my SSL certificate on my Exchange server. I use a cert from StartSSL and even though it is configured correctly on my server the Focus S wouldn't connect. I ended up downloading and installing the StartSSL &quot;Certificate Authority Certificate&quot; or root cert using IE9 on the phone. Works fine now.

    Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Posting Permissions