Some Statuses Don't Update

StriderNo9

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. On my Focus S, I pinned my girlfriends tile to the start screen, and while she has updated her FB, the last update I get is from last week. I tried resyncing but that doesnt seem to do the trick, anyone else have this issue of some statuses not updating right?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not so far. I have my wife pinned to home screen as well and hers always seems to update properly. You might ask her if she's changed her privacy settings recently. However, on rare occasion I've had people update their Facebook status and not have it show up in the People hub, but it's only happened a few times.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Strider, sorry to hijack your thread. But I'm wondering how's the battery life on your Focus S? Mine only lasts for 15 hours after minimum usage. I wonder if this is the case with the phone or there is something wrong with the battery.

And to respond to your notification problem, mine updates most of the time. But there were a few times where it didn't update.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I never really used Facebook till yesterday when I spoke to my friend back in London and I added his family as my friends. Looking at my WP7 a lot of posts are missing and what is actually available is scattered across different areas. Took a while for my newly added friends to appear in my people hub as well. Really needs quite a lot of work.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I never really used Facebook till yesterday when I spoke to my friend back in London and I added his family as my friends. Looking at my WP7 a lot of posts are missing and what is actually available is scattered across different areas. Took a while for my newly added friends to appear in my people hub as well. Really needs quite a lot of work.

Download the actual Facebook application the People Hub is a 3rd party application based on a users security setting you might not see everything there.

I suggest you download the actual Facebook application to have the full feature set

Also if your adding his family as your friends I would suggest you group them and pin it them to your home screen. Based on their privacy settings if they allow everything you can see all their status updates right on your main screen rather than going into the People Hub.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it really does take a while for everything to populate when you first start using it provided everyone's privacy settings are copasetic (which I guess luckily mine are), but after having mine going for a couple of months I hardly ever go into the dedicated Facebook or Twitter apps anymore.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Download the actual Facebook application the People Hub is a 3rd party application based on a users security setting you might not see everything there.

I suggest you download the actual Facebook application to have the full feature set

Also if your adding his family as your friends I would suggest you group them and pin it them to your home screen. Based on their privacy settings if they allow everything you can see all their status updates right on your main screen rather than going into the People Hub.

Already have it, that doesnt cover everything either, for instance chat isnt in the application. Already have a group created, but you still end up going to multiple places. Thing is I wasnt really using it previously, now that I want to get more out of it its coming up a bit short in some areas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa