Am I a bad person if...

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy the fact that Windows Phones aren't as popular as Android and iOS?

Don't get me wrong, I really encourage and tell people how much WPs rock and that they should get one. BUT, at this moment, the idea of having a phone so amazing and so rare amongst users kind of turns me on. I feel like I belong to a very very exclusive club.

Would you jump out of joy if you saw a windows phone plaguing the market, or would you feel bummed out that its so popular you don't even stand out from the crowd? I mean, how uncool is it to walk into a party and have ten other dudes wearing your same shirt?

Just a thought.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Can we have it somewhere in the middle? :)

I see what you're saying about the exclusivity....it is kinda cool. But I would like to get more popular, at least to the point where we can be sure to get all the best apps available for the other platforms, and get more options from manufacturers.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about "turns me on" LOL! But I do enjoy the fact that I don't usually come across another person with the same exact phone. To me, it's like being in the same room as another person with the same exact shirt. Not good.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I want it to grow and for more people to enjoy what I am experiencing. I want it to succeed because I truly think Microsoft is taking the lead in moving from the stale UI from the 80's into the modern era. I think the Metro UI for WP and Win 8 are amazingly well thought out. Even now in its infancy.

I appreciate its design and integrated content and really believe in where its going, despite still having some things I'd like to see addressed. I am more excited about the future of mobile and touch technology than I ever have been, and the more people who enjoy it the better.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. I want the OS to succeed, but I kind of like that no one else in my life has a phone like mine.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I want every person on the planet to have a windows phone but in the mean time I do enjoy the singularity of it. Its natural for us to feel this way we are the pioneers of Windows Phone the ones willing to take a chance.

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
im the opposite every time i see someone have windows phone i smile it makes me happy

Ok, seeing some random person with a windows phone would also make me happy =) but not seeing all my coworkers and friends i deal with daily. Ahhh I just love my phone so much, I want no one else to have it!!!

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel a sense of kinship when I encounter another WP user. We know that other are missing out. I'll take great pride when the platform grows knowing that I've been on board since day 1.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
No way. Nothing feels better than when everyone around me has the same phone, then I pull out my phone and people are like "ooo wow what I that?!" its almost disgusting how much I love this phone and I roll in the thought, like a pig in poop, that some tool somewhere else is pulling their battery for the 3rd time today because they were swayed by a sales rep

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
...how uncool is it to walk into a party and have ten other dudes wearing your same shirt?

heh... i hate when that happens!

that said, I DO see your point. While I want WP7 to succeed and become popular, for now I do get to enjoy being different from the crowd.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
^^

Well luckily there are many different phones with the same software. The only people who have the "same" shirt are Apple users. Its a very one size fits all model.

Just like with Windows laptops, when I see Samsung, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus ect I don't see the "same" product.

But when you walk into a room full of macbook's.....well...."think different" is quite the stretch.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Stereotypically, smaller "community" is closer and more emphatic to each others, compared to the "big cities" with millions of humans all with their own business.
So there's always fear than when the small restaurant in the corner became nationwide famous, that old atmosphere will be replaced with cold business face. That "personal" touch is gone for more efficiency and laid back atmosphere is gone for intense fight to meet the revenue growth target.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently still saddled with my BlackBerry but one thing I do like about it is that even though they are still ubiquitous here in DC, RIM has allowed users to customize the phones using themes. I can change the layout of the icons, wallpapers, and even the system icons themselves. This makes it feel a little more like a niche phone for me.

With the iPhone becoming so popular, I have to admit, it's grown rather boring. I really liked the way it looked when it first came out but now they all look alike. While I think you can do some things to customize it, without jailbreaking it, the options are limited, and to me, the look of the iPhone has grown stale.

I hope that WP grows very popular but that they will allow personalizations through both the variety of phones offered but also by eventually allowing custom color schemes and possibly changing out icons for system apps. This will allow the end user to still have a "niche" phone but allow MS to grow the WP eco system.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's cool that WP7 is pretty small, makes me feel like a trendsetter. I do hope that the platform grows significantly so more developers will be attracted to the platform.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa