Downloading pictures sent in an sms

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a friend send me a picture and I can view inline. When I click on it to look at it, there are options that say "Save to Phone" and "use as wallpaper". Only the second one is active the "Save to phone" option is grayed out. Anyone know why that is? Anyway to enable it? I want to download the picture.

Thank you wpcentral family.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Same question, different menu. Got an MMS sent to me and the only options are; Forward and Delete. Copy is grayed. Any way to save the image, short of a screenshot?

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What phone are you using? Have you tried a reset.

jimski, that is the option for the text message. To save the picture you must first click it and load it full screen, and then you can save to phone. Not sure why the OP is having trouble.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What phone are you using? Have you tried a reset.

jimski, that is the option for the text message. To save the picture you must first click it and load it full screen, and then you can save to phone. Not sure why the OP is having trouble.

I wish I knew, its seriously annoying. I really dont want to reset my phone to fix the issue

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I just checked a MMS sent to me. i can "save to phone" or "use as wallpaper". Maybe it has to do with the type of image it is, like a JPG or GIF?

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Like palandri suggested, hook it up to Zune or go into the Pictures hub on your phone to see if it hasn't already been saved there. Maybe your phone is set up to automatically save pics sent via MMS to one of the albums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb