Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

so how many members of your family or friends uses windows phone :rolleyes:

i'll start all my family members are part of windows phone we are 4 and all of us using it and i got 2 of my friends own windows phone :happy: no <3 for anything else :lol:

how about you :P

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Just me so far. I am the tech guy when it comes to family and friends too. However they all insist on android or iphone's. They all want me to fix their computers or help them set up their home netoworks or even their andrioid / iphone problems. They ask me first when it comes to what they should get when buying a new computer, tv, or any other kind of electronic except when it comes to phones.

It's usually something dumb like "But the iphone integrates with itunes! So that's why I have one." or "Android is what everybody else has so I want to get that."

ugh....

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    None. Why? One person I know puts it best: it's from Microsoft, and she hated her HTC Topaz, or whatever that abomination was.

IMO, MS should of NEVER allowed WinMo past v5. 6, 6.1, and 6.5 were horrid for mindshare, as those were waning just as the iPhone launched. Say what you may, the iPhone, IMO, was probably the best catalyst for actual smartphone developement there was to date. A true touch based interface (helped along with a decent software KB and a capacitive screen - remember how many were resistive displays with styluses back then?) that really set the rockets on making smartphones evermore, the main social portal (IMO, of course).

As for the person I'm using as an example, she only remembers Windows was hard to use on phones. Doesn't care about "mobile," "phone," or whatever branding. "Windows," and "Microsoft" were the issues at heart.

Also totally didn't help MS' marketshare in Asia with MS' near nonexistant support for launguages there. Probably propelled MS' previous #1 WinMo supporter, HTC, to become the first Android manuf. Who am I kidding? MS had trouble taking down Palm (even though Palm torpedoed itself already, after the Handspring reaquisition failed to help), and RIM - which iirc, WinMo never surpassed.
    webosisalive! likes this.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Sorry about the rant above. :(

Just a bit of my frustrations with MS' lack of any palpable marketing push for WP7. Maybe when WP8 comes, or when Skype comes... someday.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,284 Global Posts
    Just me. Most of my friends have Android or an iPhone.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Me too....I actually converted most of my fiends and family to iOS (please don't ban me!), but wait till i start showing WP7 off!

I will be starting my quest to convert folk from iOS/Android to WP7.....starting with the wife :D

I converted my Sister in Law pretty early on in Windows Phone life. She seems to still be enjoying it after a painful time with some under powered Android thing.

I also just converted my Father in Law and his partner to the Nokia Lumia 800 and I think I convinced my Cousin to jump on board with the Lumia 800 too.

I'm doing well :-)
    BooDev - Windows Phone Exclusive Developer
    http://www.boodev.net/
    @boodevsupport

See our apps at: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/publishers/Boodev

Quote Originally Posted by Boodev View Post
    I converted my Sister in Law pretty early on in Windows Phone life. She seems to still be enjoying it after a painful time with some under powered Android thing.

I also just converted my Father in Law and his partner to the Nokia Lumia 800 and I think I convinced my Cousin to jump on board with the Lumia 800 too.

I'm doing well :-)
    Good Job!! Should we ask MS for a cut of their marketing budget? ;)

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Just me.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Me and my Daughter

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Working the soft sell. Never pass up an opportunity to pull out my WP to solve a problem or capture a moment. And when asked, make sure they know it's a Windows Phone. Now, as long as reps keep WP on a level playing field, good chance these folks will consider WP when making a purchasing decision.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Just me and the wife. I'm in the same boat as TailZora above. I get asked to fix everything, my recommendations and they go buy an android phone or an iPhone. My 2 best friends still insist on blackberries!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torchxit View Post
    so how many members of your family or friends uses windows phone
    None. Zero. Zip!

Everyone I know has a mix of iPhone, assorted Androids or Blackberry. I've only ever seen one WP7 out in the wild; at a rugby match a couple of months back. Some bloke with a HD7 and a girlfriend who drinks pints, so clearly a man of taste!

Me, my gf, my sister in law, and my brother. My other brother is already committed to converting, just waiting to check out the Titan.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Me and my brother now. I had switch another friend to WP7, but she went back to Android.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Yep, same situation for me here.

I do enjoy finding answers faster than my brother in law who has been the family's answer man for some time now thanks to his IP4. The current GF is pretty impressed with what my phone can do though and so, I MIGHT be able to swing her over when the time comes for her to get a new phone but... she's pretty solidly invested in her iPhone at this point so, it's not going to be an easy sell to switch her over.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts
    no one cept me, but oddly enough, I am converting people to the Zune and Zune Pass

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Just me.

Global Posts
    1,455 Global Posts
    Everyone else is on BB or iPhone

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Me and my stepsister. And I was very excited to find out the chick that sets beside me in class has a Focus. I discovered she has Mango on it today because in the middle of class I heard &quot;Say your message&quot; in that Tellme voice :)

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Just me. I have a cousin on Facebook and she has an HTC HD7 or Surround (can't remember which one).

I currently very happily use my current phone which is an android (Atrix 4G), but I am awaiting my HTC Surround I ordered to replace my old iPod. I had been planning on trying WP7 for a few weeks when my upgrade time comes in January, and look forward to learning the OS.

I think WP7 will do well as a media device for me, but I will have to see if it can replace the features I use with my droid.

I currently only have seen 1 person who owns a WP7 phone. My entire family are iPhone-fanatics (Only iPhone, only 2 macbooks in my extended family), which I had prior to this past January along with my wife.
    I think many of my co-workers would be much better suited to WP7 than the iPhones they all mostly use (and I happily plan on trying to convert them). My wife will probably also like WP7 when she sees it in action, but she barely uses my previous android.

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    Just me, although Mom was a bit intrigued when I gave her a tour of my Trophy and what it can do. My Neice and Nephew both have iPhones.
    just me and 3 of my friends. My family doesnt think they could understand a smartphone. Facebook and email are big enough steps for them.

I try to get others to check it out all the time but I'm met with instant resistance. No one even wants to take it for a spin.

My roommate is like "but my droid has dule core" and I reply, Its a PHONE, it shouldn't need it.

just me at the moment. the rest of my family is using iPhone 4/4s.
    From my own mom to his brothers/sisters to my cousin =/ although they are intrigued by the UI of WP so i might try to convert them someday :D

Current Active Devices:

Phone: HTC Trophy
    PC/Laptop: HP's Dv6z AMD A8
    Music Player: iPod Nano 4th Gen
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast