You know what would be cool as....? Push email synchronisation scheduling

SJamG

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Push email synchronisation scheduling (try saying that 10 times after a few beers!)

Seriously though...I think I used a phone in the past which allowed this (dare I say it...think it was an Android phone) it was very useful and minimised data usage.

So the idea would be that you could set a schedule for when certain email accounts push mail to your phone. So you could switch it off after work hours or overnight, albeit there is a high chance you will be on wifi, but anyways, this would minimise your data usage (for work email for example)

Am I alone in thinking this would be cool?

Of course i'm secretly hoping that someone will swoop in and say that WP does this... ;)

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Theres no way to schedule it but you could hop in to your settings and turn off push when you get to work if you want to save Data.

I like the idea of scheduling it though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But WP is "always" connected to Microsoft's servers anyway (provided there is a data/wifi connection), so all you are saving is the actual message download, which will happen eventually.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You can set it up to do that every 10 min or so now.

As for changing the interval at certain hours of the day. Not sure why it is not there, it was in 6.5 (a completely different OS, I know). But I am STILL on NoDo, so can not verify it is not an options in Mango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs