Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By enahs555
  • 1 Post By jeremyshaw

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I am in canada and have 'browser and search language' set to U.S English in order to activate bing vision, local scout etc.

I was hoping to activate the U.S. Bing search (vs the Bing version for Canada) by using the other settings ('system locale' and the 'region') but it didn't help. Bing.com in the USA does conversions and calculations and a few other things that the Canadian version doesn't. I have activated Bing U.S. on my computer but on the phone I couldn't (or at least it wouldn't do conversions/calculations).

Any ideas? Does Bing on WP7 in the USA do calculations or conversions?

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    In the UK at least, annoyingly no. Google via the browser does, so they're missing a trick here.

Since nobody answered yet, not on my still NoDo phone. Which does not really make sense, as you would just think it returns the search results, which the bing website does.

Maybe in Mango it works, I can not say for sure.
    Thanked by:

Sadly, it doesn't do this on Mango either. A shame really, it would just take up one little line on the search page.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    also having a jolly fun time getting to wherever the "+" key it. So far.... I haven't found it!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    also having a jolly fun time getting to wherever the "+" key it. So far.... I haven't found it!
    Hit the &123 button on the keypad. Then hit the right arrow (on left side of keyboard) to move over to more options, to access the + button.

Not really sure why it is all the way over that far. It seems like it is a lot more useful then the stupid big dot in the middle of the line...
    Thanked by:
    jeremyshaw likes this.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Oh, wow! I have been using press+hold to get the other brackets and currency signs for ages :(! Thank you! Saves me a fair bit of time :)
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.