Hmmm. Landscape homescreen idea

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
So I was thinking again and I was imagining a WP7 that allows for the homescreen to viewed in landscape mode. So then I though "how could Microsoft make eye candy out of it?" and I envisioned this:

OK so you hav eyour homescreen right side up (portrait) right? Try to follow with me here. So basically the metro UI resembles a stack of blocks. SO how cool would if when you turned the device the blocked come quickley tumbling down to rearrange the homescreen? From there the user can swip right to left or maybe up and down to see the rest of the tiles.

Am I a dork?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It could work. I would have the tiles just rotate in their place. So you would have a stack of 2 tiles 4 wide. I guess the app list could be a swipe up on the landscape device still. Would cause a problem with the top menu bar maybe though.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That's always been the way I've envisioned it working myself. The tiles rotate in groups of four (two tiles by two tiles) when you rotate the phone and you swipe right to see the other pinned tiles and probably the top/bottom to get to the apps. I think it would look great and I wouldn't think it'd be THAT hard. Of course, my level of programming ends with creating a few macros in Excel! ;)

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
It could work. I would have the tiles just rotate in their place. So you would have a stack of 2 tiles 4 wide. I guess the app list could be a swipe up on the landscape device still. Would cause a problem with the top menu bar maybe though.

In terms of the top menu bar do you mean where signal strength and battery is displayed?

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
It could rotate too.
The Messaging and e-mail application rotate the top and bottom menu icon, and make the bar a bit thicker to accomodate the size.

Better than trying to keep the icon at top in my opinion. The rotation is subtle and fluid.
I imagine animating the icons moving from the side to top would felt jumpy.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Well just like when you text in landscape, the signal and battery are displayed vertically on the left side (I think it's the left.). If that's off to the side I would imagine that the app list can really be pulled from any other direction. You can keep it uniform and still have the app list on right scroll down the home screen. A little consistency ya know

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

agm353

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Well just take a look at Phone 8 (app), all Microsoft has to do is copy that (of course with out all the customizing junk). Its made so that landscape mode holds four icons in one row. You also slide up and down to scroll across the homescreen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium