LG E900 Tuuch/Lock Screen Issues - Recommend sub $300 unlocked WP7 device for US

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My LG E900 is having touch screen issues. I am going to attempt to get it replaced but have run into problems because I am located in US, purchased phone on amazon which is distributed through germany. SO here it is.

Please make some recommendations on a windows phone with the requirements below
1. less than $300 US
2. Unlocked, not branded
3. Must support AT&T US 3G
4. Must support mango well with wifi tethering, etc. All MANGO features
5. Good quality. Don't want to have touch screen issues again
6. prefer 16Gbyte but not required

I actually really, really like my LG E900. For the price, I got all features I wanted. And with Mango, I got mostly all mango features! Too bad the touch screen started to die about 3 weeks afters mango. So, I would actually purchase the LG E900 again, but the touch screen may be because of low quality manufacturing/parts. So, I don't have too many choices, and it looks like I am looking at first generation phones, but I am open.

Thanks in advance and I if you have any suggestions, pass along.

My touch screen issue is similar to the link to the HTC Surround, Samsung Focus issues. I wonder if this was a bad batch of touch screens. Thanks!!!!!

Windows Phone 7: HTC Surround Lock Screen Issue - YouTube

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
why dont you just get a Samsung Focus?
or

Omnia 7 (unlocked from UK )

ive had my FOCUS for over one year, and ive had ZERO problems , screen, battery , speakers, camera you name it, IT WORKS! lol.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think your best bet is going to be another LG. For under $300, unlocked & not branded but att compatible there's only the att Dell venue pro, but it wont do tethering. Dont think anything else will meet all your requirements. Only other options are to import either the Lumia 800 or Titan but they will definitely run more than $300.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hes basically asking us for a phone under 300$ that will NEVER BUG because when you import a phone from a different country it waves the warranty right away..
ALL BUGS seem to be random, you can get the same phone you have now and NEVER have another problem for the next 200 years!! You just had bad luck.

that’s why ordering outside your country = bad idea :S

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, I got the Optimus 7 and didn't get a single bug when on Nodo but after mango I had all sorts of problems. Omnia's and Dell Venue pro's have their share of bugs also sadly.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I love my focus rev 1.3 I think you can get them on ebay for much less than 300.00 and even if its locked you can get it unlocked by a service for not a whole loty and still be under your price point.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks everyone. I have had pretty good luck with non US based handsets. Actually, I prefer them because some of US based handsets have less features and lower quality parts. Just my opinion. You are correct though if you get a bad device, not much you can do. I am working on it still.

So the Dell Venue Pro or Samsung Focus.
I want tethering and I've read about issues with the focus. Well the LG is looking pretty good. The Venue Pro probably not the size I want. So between focus and LG. Anymone have any opinions on new Samsung Flash?

Thanks again for the suggestions. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss