Mango Update stops Halfway

justin7693

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
My samsung focus is NOT updating to Mango!!!! It stops halfway and restores back to WP7.
I use a Mac with Widows Phone Connector. I run 10.7.2 Lion. I have a Samsung Focus with OS Ver. 7.0.7403.0. The dialog box says that it cannot complete update

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to make my default suggestion here although I make no promises that it will help (but, it might!).

try doing the update from a different computer (my vote would be for a Windows 7 machine if you have any friends/relatives with one that you can borrow for an hour or so...).

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If a different computer doesn't help, I would then reset my phone and try again. You have a lot of stuff on your phone, so maybe one of your applications is causing a problem.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Back during the NoDo updates, users had problems if they had too much loaded on their phones. Though there were some new Samsung drivers to fix that. But anyway, start by removing a a bunch of your media and the restoring after the the update. Otherwise, it sounds like a hard reset might be necessary.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

justin7693

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to make my default suggestion here although I make no promises that it will help (but, it might!).

try doing the update from a different computer (my vote would be for a Windows 7 machine if you have any friends/relatives with one that you can borrow for an hour or so...).
On a Win7 and XP computer error 80004005

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
maybe you could sync photos and movies or what ever else you have on the phone to a local desktop, remove them from the phone and try again. Perhaps it doesnt have enough memory? I mean what the worst thing that can happen? Nothing? Give it a shot.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you are so far behind in updates.

Honestly, I would try a hard reset first (it will wipe your phone clean) and then try updating.
After hard resting and when you plug it into Zune click the stop sync button, do not let it transfer everything over to the phone first.

You will have a lot of updates to install.

Simon the Hippy

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 omnia 7s and one would never update on my W7 pc.

I always had to use a netbook running xp which took ages but worked.

Then the tethering update caused an error and it started to restore the backup which also failed.

Now the phone would not start (but I could get it into download mode) so it went back.

I was expecting them to flash it but I recieved a new unit, so i presume the flash drive had failed.

This new phone had the the release rom installed but updated without a hitch to the latest release on my W7 pc.

I think the original phone had a faulty flash drive from day 1 and maybe this could be your problem ?

justin7693

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've Tried Everything

Soft Reset,Hard Reset,Backup,Update Zune and Windows Phone Connector for Mac, Flashing I have 3 error codes... 80004005 80018A5 Cannot Complete.... I will NEVER have Mango....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)