Issue with available storage...

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Samsung Focus and it seems like available storage does not show up properly.
My phone kinda felt laggy and choppy so I went to settings-about to see how much storage was available and it only showed about 400mb. So I deleted lots of apps and some videos but it still shows the same amount for weeks now. But when I plug my phone to PC, Zune software shows that my phone has over 1GB.

Also after the Mango update, my phone's draining more battery. I think it may have something to do with find my phone because I don't remember if it was on or off pre-Mango but now it shows it's connected. Is there a way to turn that off and possibly save battery?

One last question.. How do you save pictures from bing image search? Long press does not do anything.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Psybrjay :) let see if i can help a little :p

1. for your Storage its possible that the different in room is the SAVED storage, if you haven’t noticed on a PC for example if you buy a 20G harddrive you actually only have 17G.

if that’s not it , i would suggest a hard reset. i had something liek that happen to me before mango.

2. its normal that your battery drains faster: more live tiles , more Location service , even if you dont use your phone more the phone itself uses itself more. if you go in SETTING you have a battery saver option to disable locations and live tiles and notifications when your phone is below 20%

3. for the BING picture, you can’t save them directly. but someone made a great APP that saves all the picture and you can go in the app and re-download ANY bing pic.

app name:Wallpaper Daily

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Psybrjay :) let see if i can help a little :p

1. for your Storage its possible that the different in room is the SAVED storage, if you haven’t noticed on a PC for example if you buy a 20G harddrive you actually only have 17G.

if that’s not it , i would suggest a hard reset. i had something liek that happen to me before mango.

2. its normal that your battery drains faster: more live tiles , more Location service , even if you dont use your phone more the phone itself uses itself more. if you go in SETTING you have a battery saver option to disable locations and live tiles and notifications when your phone is below 20%

3. for the BING picture, you can’t save them directly. but someone made a great APP that saves all the picture and you can go in the app and re-download ANY bing pic.

app name:Wallpaper Daily
Thank you for your reply.

1. The thing is the available storage does not change regardless of me adding/deleting apps and old photos and videos.

2. Is there option to turn off Find My Phone feature?

3. Ouch.. MS left that out???

Anyway, I love my Focus and WP Mango!

Thank you again for your respsonse, I appreciate it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

1. The thing is the available storage does not change regardless of me adding/deleting apps and old photos and videos.

2. Is there option to turn off Find My Phone feature?

Anyway, I love my Focus and WP Mango!

Thank you again for your respsonse, I appreciate it.

Find your phone should be in setting and you should be able to shut it off there.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
[...]

[...]

If it helps, the Microsoft Insider application allows you to do that easily (and quickly), and gives 5 new, free (at least 2 will be good, the rest merely decent - in my experience) ringtones a month, along with short little tips and hints.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If I go to settings - find my phone, it only gives me two options.
1. Connecto to these features faster.
2. Save my location every few hours for better mapping.

Just unclick does 2 features :)

you CANT actually completly turn it off , but unclicking does 2 features will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa