OTA Podcasts in mango

sbono13

Oct 10, 2003
www.pyslent.com
Does anyone know the rules for downloading subscribed podcasts in mango?

If I have the default setting for a subscription (3 podcasts), will it download newly published episode and delete the oldest one automatically? Does it make any difference if the older ones are marked as "played" or not?

Second question, when does the Phone check for new podcasts? I understand that the phone has to be on a charger and on wifi but it doesn't do it right after being plugged in, it seems. Does it do it after 10 minutes of inactivity? An hour? An while it's on the charger, how often will it check for new episodes?

Is there any way to force a check on the server for new episodes? I subscribe to a daily podcast that's published every morning by 8 am. The latest episode is never on my phone when I take it off the charger at 9. Even worse, when I navigate to the podcast in the Music Hub, and expand the Marketplace list, it shows a cached list without that morning's episode. However, if I unsubscribe the podcast, then resubscribe, it will immediately start downloading the new podcast episode, even off the charger.

Anyone clear on how things are supposed to work with podcasts? As it is, I kinda just plug in every night and hope there will be new updated podcasts waiting when I wake up.

hiawatha98

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to know the same thing. This was on of the big selling points for me that I don't have to maintain my podcasts before I head out to the train in the morning. In general it works but randomly it does not download the newest episodes and I'd like to know why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb