T-Mobile prepaid service?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Sprint let me out of my contract ETF free, so I was wanting to try T-Mobile because they're the cheapest after Sprint. I'm getting a used HD7 and I'm going to get their prepaid $70 plan (for 5gb of data, which, I KNOW I will never hit). Just hoping T-Mobile service is better around here (live in Avon, Indiana and travel back to Marion Indiana every other weekend).

Just not ready to sign another contract right now, and I was wondering if anyone was using T-Mobile's prepaid service? Is their prepaid worse than their contract service (worse coverage to get you to sign a contract) or is it the same coverage? And how is T-Mobile for everyone around? I've heard horror stories about their service...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Another guy here like Simple Mobile. It's on the T-Mobile network and is a little bit cheaper.

I've had T-Mobile out of Chicago in the past and have worked in the northern half of Indiana from Crown Point to South Bend and reception was good. I realize you're south of that.

I really wouldn't think the Pay As You Go T-Mobile would be any different than the regular T-Mobile. the good part about it is you are only on a 30 day contract. So if it's bad you can dump them.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Another guy here like Simple Mobile. It's on the T-Mobile network and is a little bit cheaper.

I've had T-Mobile out of Chicago in the past and have worked in the northern half of Indiana from Crown Point to South Bend and reception was good. I realize you're south of that.

I really wouldn't think the Pay As You Go T-Mobile would be any different than the regular T-Mobile. the good part about it is you are only on a 30 day contract. So if it's bad you can dump them.

Very true. That's why I was going with prepaid instead of contract for right now (Radar isn't worth signing a contract IMO). That way I'll be free to jump on whatever I want when the good phones come out. As long as it's better than Sprint then it can't be bad.

How well does it work in thick wall buildings (Wal-Mart, Meijer, etc)?

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the No Annual Contract with TMo. I have the Unlimited $ 70 plus $ 10 international calling and texting.
Had it for about 3 months now, and no issues at all. In comparison to AT&T, i havent experienced any drop calls, get constant reception, etc. No issues with data use, i have been able to use the data plan on my N900 and tether my laptop with no menacing letters.
I get to call home to South Africa and Romania for free with the international calling. What more could i want :D
I have had no problems...the only issue is that I am not a US citizen and do not have a SSN, so i cant take advantage of refilling my account via their site/online. So i am stuck having to buy refill vouchers on a monthly basis from some land based store (i work on a ship).
I would definitely recommend it.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the No Annual Contract with TMo. I have the Unlimited $ 70 plus $ 10 international calling and texting.
Had it for about 3 months now, and no issues at all. In comparison to AT&T, i havent experienced any drop calls, get constant reception, etc. No issues with data use, i have been able to use the data plan on my N900 and tether my laptop with no menacing letters.
I get to call home to South Africa and Romania for free with the international calling. What more could i want :D
I have had no problems...the only issue is that I am not a US citizen and do not have a SSN, so i cant take advantage of refilling my account via their site/online. So i am stuck having to buy refill vouchers on a monthly basis from some land based store (i work on a ship).
I would definitely recommend it.

Where are you from? Yea, I'm just praying that their coverage is the same as being on the contract; why else would they heavily advertise it (unless it really is a dirty trick lol)? Either way, I'll give it a try for 30 days and won't have to worry about a re-stocking fee and sell the HD7 if it doesn't work in my area. Sprint has just been too spotty, so I plan on re-signing with them if they get another Windows Phone or if they improve their network. It'll be nice to be contract free until I'm ready to go back.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
yea Sprint is crap. I wouldnt recommend anyone sign a contract with them. Im getting out of mine later today and going to T-mobile prepaid as well. When the merger falls through and when a phone like the titan is released then I will sign a contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb