HELP - People not receiving my large text messages!!!

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've had my LG Quantum on AT&T for a little over a year now. Since the beginning, whenever I've texted someone and the text exceeds 160 characters, it will tell me below the message I'm typing with the number of messages as well as an overall character count ("2 messages, 296/304"), and I've always assumed that when I send the message, it gets broken into the multiple texts and then sent.

As far as I've known (though at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's been going on for longer), it's worked fine until the last week or so. Long story short, I've realized that 2 of my friends are not receiving any of the "one-large-text-that's-broken-down-into-multiple-texts" messages I've sent them this week. I also just tried texting my work cell - it received a small text, but not the big one. And my phone isn't getting any notifications or error messages that the text(s) couldn't be sent or wasn't received.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing it's my phone or AT&T and/or Verizon. My friends have iPhones and my work cell is a Blackberry, so I don't think it's the "receiving phones." However, I'm on AT&T and both my 2 friends AND my work cell are on Verizon. I'm waiting to see if my sister (on AT&T) receives my large texts.

As I said earlier I also can't remember this happening before this past week or so (perhaps a Mango problem?), but since there aren't any error alerts I can only imagine what confusion or frustration I've caused my friends who were expecting a response.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Windows Phone or any other phone for that matter? Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

bricesmama

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
people not receiving large text messages

I've been having the same problem since mid-November. I have to send several short texts instead of a long one. Hoping someone figures this out!!

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My friend was having the same problem with his iPhone 4G. Told him to turn it completely off, not in sleep mode and then start it back up. None of his messages would go out, told him for whatever reason, they can get "stuck" so to speak and only partial texts will go out. Don't really understand why, but it's happend to me on a Nokia, Motorola, HTC & Apple devices before.

bricesmama

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Tried completely turning off, still had the same issue. Went to AT&T tonight, they replaced the Simm card. That didn't work, so they recommended backing up and resetting the phone. Haven't tried that yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue before and it's normally a network issue. If the recieving phone is running purely on CDMA, in other words no LTE (Verizon) or no Wimax (Sprint) then for some reason it won't handle messages over 160 characters. On some occasions the device will either recieve a partial message (up to 160 and the rest are cut off) or no message at all... Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism