Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Major
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  • 1 Post By boneycat
  1. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
       #1  
    Went and checked out the Titan today. As much as I do think the screen is too large, it is an otherwise excellent device that both me and my wife like a lot. And for .01 next Saturday, it is a really hard device to not buy. BUT I really, really want to see what Nokia offers. What would you do?
  2. Major's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #2  
    Even if you wait for a Nokia you're still getting a current generation device, and I'd be surprised if it comes out earlier than February. At that point, you might as well wait a few more months for that Apollo Nokia you're going to want anyway. Just get something now and keep it until the new hardware spec stuff comes out.
    aubreyq and tissotti like this.
  3. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,380 Global Posts
    #3  
    I think you'd be happy with either phone. With the Nokia phone you'll get Nokia maps and better camera.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
  4. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm with you jdev. Not sure when that nokia phone is going to get here. I do know that for $0.01 that samsung focus S sure looks tempting!
  5. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat1 View Post
    I'm with you jdev. Not sure when that nokia phone is going to get here. I do know that for $0.01 that samsung focus S sure looks tempting!
    IDK if you have gone to check out the focus S next to the Titan yet, but its no contest. Titan blows it out of the water. My wife, who doesn't read any tech news or anything said "This one (the Focus S) feels like a cheap toy compared to this one (the Titan)." I may just break down and get the Titans... I really want Nokia Drive and the ESPN Hub though...

    EDIT: My wife also immediately said she liked the Titan's screen better than the Focus S (colors, not size). She thought the Samsung looked "unnatural"
  6. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #6  
    Unfortunately I was not able to check out the Titan as my AT&T store didn't have any (surprise surprise). I have checked out the Focus S numerous times and really like it. While I was in the AT&T store today I looked at an HTC Inspire which is listed at 4.5"...thing was huge. With the Titan weighing in at 4.7" I'm not sure how well this beast would fit into my pocket. I'll check back w/ AT&T this week to see if they get one in stock for me to get a good comparison going.
  7. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
       #7  
    Man I just wish Nokia would announce their stuff. Build quality is the number one thing for me in a phone, and Camera quality #2. Titan tackles both of these extremely well, but they also are Nokia strong points.
    aubreyq likes this.
  8. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Man I just wish Nokia would announce their stuff. Build quality is the number one thing for me in a phone, and Camera quality #2. Titan tackles both of these extremely well, but they also are Nokia strong points.
    Indeed.
  9. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,769 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat1 View Post
    Unfortunately I was not able to check out the Titan as my AT&T store didn't have any (surprise surprise). I have checked out the Focus S numerous times and really like it. While I was in the AT&T store today I looked at an HTC Inspire which is listed at 4.5"...thing was huge. With the Titan weighing in at 4.7" I'm not sure how well this beast would fit into my pocket. I'll check back w/ AT&T this week to see if they get one in stock for me to get a good comparison going.
    you mean samsung infuse? Inspire isn't 4.5
  10. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    you mean samsung infuse? Inspire isn't 4.5
    You're probably right. I can't keep track of the 10,000 droid phones out there w/ their stupid names. Actually it was an HTC so whatever name that starts w/ an "I" was it.
    aubreyq likes this.
  11. jdevenberg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
       #11  
    I think I'm going to do the Titan and probably buy a new phone again when Apollo comes out.
  12. Major's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #12  
    Sounds like a plan.
  13. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Man I just wish Nokia would announce their stuff. Build quality is the number one thing for me in a phone, and Camera quality #2. Titan tackles both of these extremely well, but they also are Nokia strong points.
    ^^THIS^^ I can't wait for Nokia to come back to the US, swinging hard. My vote is to wait for Nokia, in case I didn't make that clear ;)
  14. #14  
    I've been disapointed with the nokia releases so far. I think I'll be dissapointed again when they come to the U.S.

    Titan for $0.01 for me!
  15. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrDafoe View Post
    I've been disapointed with the nokia releases so far. I think I'll be dissapointed again when they come to the U.S.

    Titan for $0.01 for me!
    Well I hope that they surprise you with something amazing ;)

Posting Permissions