Buy $0.01 Titan on Saturday or Wait for Nokia

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Went and checked out the Titan today. As much as I do think the screen is too large, it is an otherwise excellent device that both me and my wife like a lot. And for .01 next Saturday, it is a really hard device to not buy. BUT I really, really want to see what Nokia offers. What would you do?

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Even if you wait for a Nokia you're still getting a current generation device, and I'd be surprised if it comes out earlier than February. At that point, you might as well wait a few more months for that Apollo Nokia you're going to want anyway. Just get something now and keep it until the new hardware spec stuff comes out.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you jdev. Not sure when that nokia phone is going to get here. I do know that for $0.01 that samsung focus S sure looks tempting!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you jdev. Not sure when that nokia phone is going to get here. I do know that for $0.01 that samsung focus S sure looks tempting!

IDK if you have gone to check out the focus S next to the Titan yet, but its no contest. Titan blows it out of the water. My wife, who doesn't read any tech news or anything said "This one (the Focus S) feels like a cheap toy compared to this one (the Titan)." I may just break down and get the Titans... I really want Nokia Drive and the ESPN Hub though...

EDIT: My wife also immediately said she liked the Titan's screen better than the Focus S (colors, not size). She thought the Samsung looked "unnatural"

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I was not able to check out the Titan as my AT&T store didn't have any (surprise surprise). I have checked out the Focus S numerous times and really like it. While I was in the AT&T store today I looked at an HTC Inspire which is listed at 4.5"...thing was huge. With the Titan weighing in at 4.7" I'm not sure how well this beast would fit into my pocket. I'll check back w/ AT&T this week to see if they get one in stock for me to get a good comparison going.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Man I just wish Nokia would announce their stuff. Build quality is the number one thing for me in a phone, and Camera quality #2. Titan tackles both of these extremely well, but they also are Nokia strong points.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I was not able to check out the Titan as my AT&T store didn't have any (surprise surprise). I have checked out the Focus S numerous times and really like it. While I was in the AT&T store today I looked at an HTC Inspire which is listed at 4.5"...thing was huge. With the Titan weighing in at 4.7" I'm not sure how well this beast would fit into my pocket. I'll check back w/ AT&T this week to see if they get one in stock for me to get a good comparison going.

you mean samsung infuse? Inspire isn't 4.5

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Man I just wish Nokia would announce their stuff. Build quality is the number one thing for me in a phone, and Camera quality #2. Titan tackles both of these extremely well, but they also are Nokia strong points.
^^THIS^^ I can't wait for Nokia to come back to the US, swinging hard. My vote is to wait for Nokia, in case I didn't make that clear ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb