Modifying settings...unlocker?

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm looking to do things that aren't currently doable with settings. Like modifying how battery saver works, how long the backlit keyboard will stay on, etc. Could I things like that with the unlocked? In webOS I'm used to being able to go into the system with a file editor and directly changing code to my suiting.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with that. WP is all about a stable user experience. But if you insist, first you need to developer unlock, either by paying Microsoft $99/year for a Dev account (to post apps) or pay The Chevron Team $9 for the same unlock without the ability to offer apps in the Marketplace. Next you need to Interop unlock your phone (search XDA for that). Then you can find and install a reg editor, but accessibility is limited. Good luck with all that. Pre-mango, I made made one innocent change to the registry and and spent the next six hours resetting and rebuilding my phone from scratch. I am done with all that. Some simple Homebrew apps are ok. But everything else, no thank you.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Well are the homebrew "settings" apps? On Android they have hundreds of apps that allow you to modify system settings, and the Cyanogen mod lets you change EVERYTHING.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos