Reinstalling NoDo/Mango

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about reinstalling one of these 2? I don't wanna do a factory reset, I wanna reinstall the OS clean.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
It isn't. If you have a Corrupt OS, factory resetting doesn't do the trick, because it just reverts to the OS files that are on the phone. I want to completely reinstall the OS using Microsofts files. I think I got it.

I did Vol-Up+Camera button on button and Zune asked me if I wanted to revert my OS. I don't know if this is going to put me on Mango or NoDo or the in between update. Will update.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So...I think it used the old Mango files to update from my computer because it spent like no time downloading and the issue is still there. :|

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Check Out XDA. But OS re-install takes some effort.

So check out XDA on how to flash your device. The problem with flashing your device is that you need a specific ROM/IMAGE. The OS is the same image, but then you need specific versions of OS features and firmware/drivers (e.g. tethering, hidden SSID support, specific H/W feature support, etc.).

I have the same issue. My OS is corrupt and I've tried everything from resetting, bit I can only revert to the current OS version with the tethering and SSID features. If I attempt to use Zune to "RECOVER" the previous install, I only get Mango.

My lock screen has become corrupt (See WP7 OS lock screen issues). My device crashed and ever since then have these strange issues. (LG E900)

HTC Surround Lock Screen Issue

Windows Phone 7: HTC Surround Lock Screen Issue - YouTube

Check out this link to see hwo many different OS/firmware versions of your device exists.

Within Windows | It’s a miracle “Mango” rolled out as smoothly as it did

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Lock Screen Issues After Tango Install

What issues are you having?

I have made multiple threads but basically, the in-famous lock screen bug. The HTC Surround, Samsung Focus are the popular devices that had this issue. Check out the youtube link in my previous response. Also having strange pictures show up in the pictures foldder. Anyways, here's my post on this forum, but you can search LG E900 Lock screen bug issues and you will find more.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/optimus-7/183103.htm

Good luck with your issues. I found that the LG E900 was a pefect phone for me. Unlocked on AT&T with 3G and all the AT&T, LG goodies. As the price was less than $250 unlocked from Amazon. But warranty repair has been difficult!

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Is it illegal to ask someone for a backup of their Arrive? I need one because somehow mine doesn't work anymore. I tried restoring it and it did. I reinstalled Mango and the problem still happens. I BELIEVE that it used the old Mango that I had installed because it didn't spend any time downloading it.

Would the Arrive "Mango" be different than another phones? Can someone with an Arrive and someone with a different phone post their version information to see if I have the Arrive's version of Mango?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)