Help With Zune/Volume Control

DKM-Eby

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay- so I have a rather unique issue.

A few weeks ago my phone was water damaged. My own damn fault, so I live with it. Everything still works, except the button on the phone that turns the volume up. One day, when my phone was in my pocket, I guess I was holding on the volume down button, and now my volume is 0/30.

I read somewhere that when the phone (I have the HTC Surround, & Windows 7 Ultimate) is connected to the Zune media player via my PC, it automatically turns the volume up to 30/30. So, I plugged it in, and voila! 30/30 volume. Now, being the skeptical person that I am, I had to test it again. I unplugged my phone, held the volume button down, and turned it back down to 0.

I plugged it back into the PC, and it has not put the volume back up yet. Is there something special you are supposed to do in Zune on the PC to make the volume rise again? I've tried numerous things like restarting the phone without removing the battery, with removing the battery, restarting my PC completely, restarting just the Zune software, etc.

I know the problem is kind of stupid, and that I should just send it back to my cellular service provider for repairs, but there's no need to go through that hassel if it's just something silly I'm not doing in Zune to make the volume go up automatically.

Thanks.

DKM.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I had never noticed that behavior on my phone so I tested it and the volume does not change at when I connect it to Zune. 7 Ultimate and HD7 with Mango

DKM-Eby

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone else that has tested this? I know it did it once but I still haven't been able to replicate the behaviour. If I can't get it to work, I guess I'm just S.O.L until the update with volume control built into the software comes out.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it for you now DKM-Eby, and loading Zune has no effect whatsoever on my Omnia 7's volume setting. (Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit & Mango)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3