Live id got hacked? :S

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey,

i dunno if this has happened to any one

thank fully i only had a PRE-paid VISA card on my account for about 50$.

When i woke up this Morning and went for my Morning Dumb ( sorry or the graphic picture lol)

I noticed i had like 30new E-mails this morning. All these e-mails where perchance confirmations related to someone trying to By Xbox Live Points and other ramdom things , and a bunch of failed Confirmation ( thank god I only had 50$ )

Im also getting a bunch of E-mails from EA sport saying I signed up with them .

It confirmed I got like 10,000 MS points , I previously had 1000 ,, and now it sais my balance is at ZERO!!! :S I mean WTF and my Pre-paid is also MAXED OUT.

The problem with this is , I haven’t gotten any apps in weeks , and my Xbox isn’t even plugged in the wall or my TV!!! ( I had to redecorate my Living room for the Xmas tree ) and apparently I did ALL THES purchases. Last night!!! (while none of my things where plugged in and I was setting up my Xmas tree )

Im gona be spending the day changing all my Info now .. but im kind of of worried ……… anyone have any ideas?

An NO I dint recover my gamer tag on my bud’s xbox . so no he couldn’t of had access. :S

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah me too , i called MS

they said they have to open up an investigation .. lock my XBL account and CC

so in other words.. no online gaming or new games/apps for 30 dayz :(

but hey at lease they said they where gona pay me back :)

I dunno if I can go 30dayz without GAMING :( lol

aslong as it gets resolved. maybe ill get a 1month pass till they fix it.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions or best practices to avoid or minimize a similar occurrence? I don't have a credit card tied into my XBL account but sometimes will purchase MS points to buy XBL games. Anything else I should/shouldn't be doing?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had one of my sons dormant accounts hacked a while back. I called XBOX live they cancelled all the purchases refunded the money and basically took care of everything. It was on my wife's check cards and the bank had to be involves so she had to destroy that check card. The bank issued her another card so that took care of that. It was kind of a PITA but MS took care of everything so I would say you need to call XBOX live help and talk to them. Do it quickly sooner is better in these matters.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have suggestions or best practices to avoid or minimize a similar occurrence? I don't have a credit card tied into my XBL account but sometimes will purchase MS points to buy XBL games. Anything else I should/shouldn't be doing?

It's safer to have a large random signin ID with like 12 to 14 digits, ie. 125gGGhH8832poUy.

If the server gets hacked there is nothing you can do

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had one of my sons dormant accounts hacked a while back. I called XBOX live they cancelled all the purchases refunded the money and basically took care of everything. It was on my wife's check cards and the bank had to be involves so she had to destroy that check card. The bank issued her another card so that took care of that. It was kind of a PITA but MS took care of everything so I would say you need to call XBOX live help and talk to them. Do it quickly sooner is better in these matters.

yeah i called,

just waiting for them to resolved it .. they said it could take up to 25 business dayz :(

no online, no new apps..ect... :(

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's safer to have a large random signin ID with like 12 to 14 digits, ie. 125gGGhH8832poUy.

If the server gets hacked there is nothing you can do
Thanks. I'm embarrassed to say that to this day I get confused with the whole Windows Live, Xbox Live ID thing. I *think* my Windows Live account is used by the Xbox, but my Xbox Live ID, which I use to sign in, is a username. My gamertag is the same as the Xbox Live username, but I understand I can change that for about $10.00. Now, can I change my Xbox Live ID itself without affecting my Windows Live ID?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm embarrassed to say that to this day I get confused with the whole Windows Live, Xbox Live ID thing. I *think* my Windows Live account is used by the Xbox, but my Xbox Live ID, which I use to sign in, is a username. My gamertag is the same as the Xbox Live username, but I understand I can change that for about $10.00. Now, can I change my Xbox Live ID itself without affecting my Windows Live ID?

i havent found a way to change the E-mail account with out creating a new Gamertag . :S

im on the Xbox live web page but i cant seem to find a option to do it...

maybe you can do it directly on the Xbox , if not , dont think you can.

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
Hope it gets stored :) I hate reading post about people losing there accounts due to no fault of there own and this worries me since I would hate to have to wait 30 days to game on my account again!

It seems to be tied to accounts getting hacked to buy FIFA 12 content which does lead me to believe its EA and by default a EA account is setup with the same email and password as your LIVE Account I believe the moment you play a EA Game online!

I've had my EA Account use a different password for a very long time so hopefully something like this won't happen but even if it did I'm part of a Family Pack you could not buy anything with my Account anyways!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hope it gets stored :) I hate reading post about people losing there accounts due to no fault of there own and this worries me since I would hate to have to wait 30 days to game on my account again!

It seems to be tied to accounts getting hacked to buy FIFA 12 content which does lead me to believe its EA and by default a EA account is setup with the same email and password as your LIVE Account I believe the moment you play a EA Game online!

I've had my EA Account use a different password for a very long time so hopefully something like this won't happen but even if it did I'm part of a Family Pack you could not buy anything with my Account anyways!

for sure , one of the e-mails i got ( with all he confirmations from MS ) was a e-mail from EA saying thanks for singing up to the service :(

but the weird thing is i have ZERO EA products... i dunno how they got my info . i never post it anywhere or anything..

just waiting on the e-mail from MS now saying its resolved :) lol i hope

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I was able to change my Xbox Live associated email account by logging into live.com using my xbox live acount. From there linking a new account and setting it as the primary account. Once I did this I logged out of xbox.com and logged back in.

With that said though, if you want your xbox live integration to work properly on your phone, you will likely need to do a full reset.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My Hotmail Got hacked and a spammer Was using it to spam me others. I noticed it by realizing suspicious sent items in Outlook. I changed my password and it stopped though.

This has always been a concern with Windows Live, Hotmail specifically.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss