Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree6Likes
  1. mkr10001
    mkr10001's Avatar
    Guest
    #1  
    Personally I would quite like the picture password from windows 8 on windows phone.

    That's all I can think of right now
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.
  2. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #2  
    Custom Hubs ( Metro UI vershion of folders)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

    Duvi likes this.
  3. pikacz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    #3  
    i just want updates for 1st gen devices :)
    Thanked by:
  4. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #4  
    - Full backup and restore
    - Screen capture
    - Notifications screen

    EDIT: Changed the all caps to bold ;)
    Last edited by aubreyq; 12-01-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Changed the all caps to bold
    power5 likes this.
  5. #5  
    Zune Remote (built in to the UI not an app)
  6. edboogie78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #6  
    Video editing
    Full app back up in Zune (like in iTunes)
    Tile resize
    Turn by turn navigation something like Nokia drive

    Just to mention a few..







    Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
  7. edboogie78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #7  
    Not really a feature, I'm guessing, but how about having separate volumes for ring tones and music.

    Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    aubreyq likes this.
  8. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by edboogie78 View Post
    Not really a feature, I'm guessing, but how about having separate volumes for ring tones and music.

    Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    That's almost a requirement, don't you think?
  9. fifthGear's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #9  
    OK, not all of these are software things (or else they require hardward and software changes).

    - WiFi Hot Spot
    - WiFi calling
    - Something resembling a filesystem
    - USB Drive (Zune is OK, buy why be like Apple and force us to use it?)
    - Notification screen to the left of Start screen.
    - VPN built-in(don't want an app)
    - NFC built-in(don't want an app)
    - Able to change the TellMe Voice
  10. power5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,208 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    - Full backup and restore
    - Screen capture
    - Notifications screen

    EDIT: Changed the all caps to bold ;)
    +

    More cities in the HTC weather app. Typing in West brings up more world cities than cities in the USA starting with the same words. Or let me enter zip and find a closest match. Not sure why its so limited on the HTC hub when my iphone had any city on the map just about.

    +

    Would like to scrub videos by dragging the indicator on youtube and other sites. Only option we have is hitting the forward or backward seek buttons. Not sure how far they jump each time they are pressed.
  11. mkr10001
    mkr10001's Avatar
    Guest
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    +

    More cities in the HTC weather app. Typing in West brings up more world cities than cities in the USA starting with the same words. Or let me enter zip and find a closest match. Not sure why its so limited on the HTC hub when my iphone had any city on the map just about.

    +

    Would like to scrub videos by dragging the indicator on youtube and other sites. Only option we have is hitting the forward or backward seek buttons. Not sure how far they jump each time they are pressed.


    30 seconds I think. Fair enough for a 10 minute video. With a 3 minute music video or even a 40 second YT clip it's a bit useless
  12. Major's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #12  
    Custom hubs.
    Drop down notification screen.
    Custom backgrounds and accent colors.
    Being able to delete emails on server from the phone.
    Haptic feedback on keyboard presses.
  13. Loxias's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #13  
    'Ringtone' support for notification sounds. Have a cool R2-D2 snippet that would be perfect for text messages.
  14. power5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,208 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    Custom hubs.
    Drop down notification screen.
    Custom backgrounds and accent colors.
    Being able to delete emails on server from the phone.
    Haptic feedback on keyboard presses.
    You just need to set this up in your online account info. Make sure its enabled so that other programs can modify the email server. Did it a while ago on hotmail for my iphone but forgot where it was. I think it was a link at the bottom of the account details page.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    Custom hubs.
    Drop down notification screen.
    Custom backgrounds and accent colors.
    Being able to delete emails on server from the phone.
    Haptic feedback on keyboard presses.
    None of these will ever happen. The entire concept of windows phone and the metro UI is to keep things simple. Notifications will allways just be done with live tiles, a set number of accent colors will always be given, and well , maybe hubs...
  16. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,326 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pikacz View Post
    i just want updates for 1st gen devices :)
    well today its was announced that the ATT DVP was getting the mango update ansd rev 1.4 focus is getting/should have gotten it so the only thing missing at least in NA is the 7740 update for many of the phones and the rumored carrier formware updates with visual voice mail and internet tethering! Not sure what 1st gen phones have not received mango in ROW.
  17. edboogie78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    That's almost a requirement, don't you think?
    definitely :D

    Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
  18. fisci's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #18  
    My phone is dev unlocked so I already have custom accent colours, I would love custom icon colours as well.

    I think with custom tile and icon colours you could make.your phone look pretty awesome
  19. Major's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    You just need to set this up in your online account info. Make sure its enabled so that other programs can modify the email server. Did it a while ago on hotmail for my iphone but forgot where it was. I think it was a link at the bottom of the account details page.
    You mean I need to modify the settings on my Gmail, Hotmail, etc. to allow my phone to delete emails?

    How was it that my Android phone could do it with the K-9 email app and no additional modifications? Not that I mind making any necessary changes to the settings on my email accounts; I'm just saying that I haven't had to do that before to gain that functionality.
  20. joemd60's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,066 Global Posts
    #20  
    I went through all the settings in my email accounts on my phone. I have yet to find an option whether or not to delete on the server.
  21. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    #21  
    None of these will ever happen. The entire concept of windows phone and the metro UI is to keep things simple. Notifications will allways just be done with live tiles, a set number of accent colors will always be given, and well , [I]maybe hubs...
    Well, then we need a consolidated notification tile. Not having a notification center of some kind will make me go (gulp) iPhone.
  22. Major's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    652 Global Posts
    #22  
    He meant the email account settings on their servers, like in a browser on a computer. At least that's what I think he meant.
  23. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    You mean I need to modify the settings on my Gmail, Hotmail, etc. to allow my phone to delete emails?

    How was it that my Android phone could do it with the K-9 email app and no additional modifications? Not that I mind making any necessary changes to the settings on my email accounts; I'm just saying that I haven't had to do that before to gain that functionality.
    I believe you have to set up Gmail through Exchange, just like I did for my iPhone.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  24. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #24  
    Custom hubs, notification screen (may swipe to the left for notifications), screen capture and password protection on a per app basis.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
  25. Wiccan Lagar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #25  
    EQ for Zune software
    Gapless Playback in Zune
    A function that prints hundred dollar bills ya'll. I MAKE IT RAIN UP IN HEA!!
    In the Vortex...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions