WP7 wallpaper/home screen UI concept idea

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone else like to be able to customize their home screen to look like this?

Ny4LN.jpg

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Would be neat. :) That pic really does sell it, though :D Though the IE icon is out of date.

I know, funny enough, most of the Zune HD GUI elements were transparent, even though they were on a black background. It's like MS wanted to implement backgrounds, but never did (maybe same reason why Apple didn't implement backgrounds on older devices? Performance impact? GPU memory useage? I dunno).

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. I'm also sure it's coming as soon as people are used to metro enough that it needs something to freshen it up.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I think backgrounds and custom icon colours would be awesome.. I have custom accent colours but cannot do transparency :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
not me.

imagine all your live tiles (my phone is full of them ) and a more complex pic, ( with lots of details) ... WHAT A MESS.

1. You wont eve be able to make out the pic
2. Its gona make it harder to read and see Tile updates with it being transparent.

that`s exactly what they did with the Iphone ... and it got SO MANY bad reviews and it doesn’t even have Live flipping tiles to complicate it . haha..

no thanx :p

but i wouldn’t say NO in survey... ;)

Last edited:

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I would like to be able to customize my background and tile colors to any Hex. Images might be nice for a background but I can live without that.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
They will probably have something like that for Apollo. Can't wait for details about it.

Let's hope so. One of the biggest knocks on WP7 from reviewers/bloggers is that there is hardly any customization. If Microsoft allowed us to change the opacity, color, and size of our tiles, as well as add a custom background, I think those complaints would go away.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
NO. Absolutely not. One of the most beautiful features of this OS is how nice the colors work together. Give the users control over that and some people's phones will be disastrous.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
NO. Absolutely not. One of the most beautiful features of this OS is how nice the colors work together. Give the users control over that and some people's phones will be disastrous.

so what?

that is according to you, there is no objective concept of what would constitute looking good.

Even with certain tiles that dont change to match the theme, you could easily make it look too busy.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

You wouldn't be forced to use the feature. And who cares what other people's phones look like? It's their device.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sexy! They could at least give the option for it like right now they have the light / dark for background. They could have a custom option and that would keep everybody happy. I would probably just stay with the dark but a lot of people would like this feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon