closing out of music apps

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have Spotify,Sirius xm buddy and slacker and was wondering how to close out of these apps. Right now all l do is put them on pause and move on. The problem with this is that they remain open on the lock screen. Is there something im doing wring? Or is this how it just is? TIA

Last edited:

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found a way to turn it off on the lock screen.

It has taken me a while to get used to not actually closing apps. I'm OK with it now for most stuff.

<RANT>
But my Slacker app actually verifies you want to exit when you press the back button enough times. But then even after you verify you want to exit, the song stays playing and stays on the lock screen. If it didn't ask to verify exiting it wouldn't bother me so much.

They need to make it consistent with logic. If you want it to act in line with other WP7 apps then leave the functionality as it is but take away the "Exit" prompt. If you want the app to "exit" then exit all parts of the app. And if you can't remove the song from the lock screen then you should at least stop playback.
</RANT>

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just turn the phone off/on after leaving Slacker at the end of my workday. It's annoying and I wish it would actually close the music player when I leave the app but, I've kinda resigned myself for now to the idea of needing to do a quick power cycle to clear the music player.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Why is it a problem? You only see it when you adjust volume. How often do you adjust your volume? Plus its not even running. Its suspended, not using any resources.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just turn the phone off/on after leaving Slacker at the end of my workday. It's annoying and I wish it would actually close the music player when I leave the app but, I've kinda resigned myself for now to the idea of needing to do a quick power cycle to clear the music player.

Do not reset, us the stop music app , just search for stop music on marketplace.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is it a problem? You only see it when you adjust volume. How often do you adjust your volume? Plus its not even running. Its suspended, not using any resources.

its not a problem but a minor annoyance. You should be able to exit out of an app and forget about it. If I'm not running it anymore I don't want to see it on my lock screen.

instead of being an apologist why not see the issue for what it is? Its a real issue and I'm sure it will get addressed either by an OS update or more than likely app update.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

that's too much of an extreme solution. I'm sure this will be addressed in the future.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
its not a problem but a minor annoyance. You should be able to exit out of an app and forget about it. If I'm not running it anymore I don't want to see it on my lock screen.

instead of being an apologist why not see the issue for what it is? Its a real issue and I'm sure it will get addressed either by an OS update or more than likely app update.

I'm fine with it either way. I hope MS does address it. It's obviously annoying some people.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using stop the music? No idea what slacker is, but try the app and see if it solves your problem.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I don't see it as being an apologist. There's nothing to apologize for. It's not an "issue" unless you make it one. It's like having an issue with the sky being blue.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
pre-Mango this "problem" did not exist (at least for me with Slacker) but, since the Mango update this is the way it's happening now so... clearly they COULD do what we are asking for. I've exited the program, it ASKED me to confirm that I wanted to exit the program... so why is the program STILL there? I don't care about the resource issue, I just want that when I close a program, it stays CLOSED. Speaking as a programmer I would have to call this sloppy coding.

Last edited:

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't see it as being an apologist. There's nothing to apologize for. It's not an "issue" unless you make it one. It's like having an issue with the sky being blue.

well, if the sky wasn't always blue but then one day an update was installed that made the sky be blue (instead of a nice shade of orange perhaps) without ever even telling me that the change was coming then I might very well have an issue with the color of the sky.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

This is the same attitude that turned me off to being an iOS user. Anytime there was room or improvement or an issue to be address iOS fnboys either, denied any problem exists or offered poor workarounds for what should have been addressed or can be addressed with future OS updates.

Your sarcasm is lame and unproductive.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
pre-Mango this "problem" did not exist (at least for me with Slacker) but, since the Mango update this is the way it's happening now so... clearly they COULD do what we are asking for. I've exited the program, it ASKED me to confirm that I wanted to exit the program... so why is the program STILL there? I don't care about the resource issue, I just want that when I close a program, it stays CLOSED. Speaking as a programmer I would have to call this sloppy coding.

Slacker has an exit option but still remains on the lock screen. Spotify has no exit option at all. I completely agree resource management isn't the issue, all I want to do is exit out of a program properly and not half a$$ed.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

If they added it, its either because more people asked for it to be added or they are simply trying to make it more Zune HD like. IIRC, this is how HD worked, but i can't test since I gave it away. Personally, I like that they added it. I listen to music a lot. I can just continue from where I left off, which is usually using Smart DJ. So am I an appologist for liking this feature? I don't think so. I WANT this feature. But if it disappears, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Its only going to add an extra tap or 2 to start up Smart DJ again from beyond the volume bar. So if it will appease your OCD, why not suggest at the MS suggestion site? Or you can get it done sooner and download the app that someone suggested.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If they added it, its either because more people asked for it to be added or they are simply trying to make it more Zune HD like. IIRC, this is how HD worked, but i can't test since I gave it away. Personally, I like that they added it. I listen to music a lot. I can just continue from where I left off, which is usually using Smart DJ. So am I an appologist for liking this feature? I don't think so. I WANT this feature. But if it disappears, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Its only going to add an extra tap or 2 to start up Smart DJ again from beyond the volume bar. So if it will appease your OCD, why not suggest at the MS suggestion site? Or you can get it done sooner and download the app that someone suggested.

I'm with you, although if they take this feature away, I'll be upset. I like that the last thing I listened to is always there. I can always pick up where I left off, no matter where that was (Zune, Slacker, podcast, whatever). That's the way I want it to work. That's the way they intended it to work. Like I said, there's nothing to apologize for. Taking this away would not make it better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon