Mango Outlook send error

Davechm

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
"We weren't able to send this message so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

We're getting the above error on a number of Windows Phone we run at our company (Windows Phone Outlook email connecting directly via IP to Exchange 2003). They are various HTCs (7/Radar) and LG-E900's. We have used these devices for months with no problems - the issue has only occured since installing the Mango update. The error never occurs on non-mango updated devices or other non Windows Phone devices used with our Exchange. Emails are received and calendar/contacts/tasks sync with no issues. This error does not display with all emails sent but a high percentage (new messages or replies and any addresses, with or without attachments) and seems to be getting worse. If the drafts folders is opened the messages can be sent after a number of attempts or some time. The problems occurs regardless of connection (Wifi/3G) and the error message is received in the Outlook inbox immediately (but not in Exchange inbox, only in Windows Phone Outlook client).

Windows Phone versions are anything after mango with the latest being 7.10.7740.16. Removing & re-adding accounts makes no difference. Mailbox size does not matter. Hard reset has no effect. Phones cannot be rolled back to pre-mango.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

Davechm

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope, the 7740 update fixed the issue of no reply text appearing but hasn't sorted the problem described above.

It's not email limits as the error occurs with any emails (even single word text only) and they can be sent after many attempts regardless.

Unfotunately we have had to stop issuing Windows phones because of this problem.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
This is discouraging to hear. I don't have the 7740 update yet for my US HTC Arrive (sprint), and am about to go Android because of it. Hearing that 7740 may be creating even more Exchange 2003 problems stinks.

I love this OS, but cannot have my work email be broken. You'd think MS would at least get MS product integration right.

Oh well. I'll give it another shot when WP8 rolls out.

georgeralph43

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
windows phone, send error - please help

Has anyone over come this issue or do I really have to upgrade exchange to 2010??

"We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
OOK!! i did more research and found this little info regarding that message

Outlook has a 24hour e-mail CAP of 500 E-mail/message.. so if you exceed 500message/e-mails in 24hours it will STOP sending out e-mails and give you that error message.

that's all i got so far!!

hope this helps :)

georgeralph43

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys thanks for your replies. Sadly neither of these aare ththe answer. It happens when creating new or reply to emailS. It happens with all emails, attachment or not.

I have also tried applying all updates to the 2003 exchange server but with no effect.

I have tried removing and recreating the aaccount but with no effect.

It is also not related toto number of email as I am yet to send any successfully.

davidesmith

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone send error

We have exactly the same problem on most of our fully updated (8107) Mango 7.5 phones and although I have not solved it I have discovered a couple of things that might help solve the issue.

We also use Exchange 2003 with SMTP connector running on a Windows Server 2003 connected to the internet with a fixed IP of BT ADSL via a Draytek 2600 router

If you switch off the data connection (under settings - mobile network) and you join a wifi - (ie force the sync to occur not over your mobile network (we're with Vodafone)) I find everything works fine.

This makes me think that it could be related to the sync occuring over Vodafone and that there might be something odd to do with certificates. (We are self certified (and in fact our certificate has expired!)). I'm going to look into updateing our certificate and see if that helps. The interesting thing is that when I down grade the phones to 6.5 everything works (and I don't use SSL at all) I just got to think certs after running the Exchange best practice analyser and it pointed out my lack of valid cert and I am try out Win 8 on a tablet and it won't allow a connection via Web mail without a cert so are they quietly changing things??!!

Anyway I'll let you know if get any furthur and would appreciate any feed back if this helps you make any progress.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times, but not often and not enough for me to think it's anything more than just a "bad signal" type thing. It's always gone out the second time right away.

davidesmith

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times, but not often and not enough for me to think it's anything more than just a "bad signal" type thing. It's always gone out the second time right away.
I would say this definately is not a"bad signal" problem for us as it happens everytime one replies or forwards - unless there is some sort of time out issue with 7.5 that didn't exist in 6.5 and 7 which is set to a ridiculously high level.

Jasonb13

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue.

We've multiple Windows Phones, including 6.5, 7 and 7.5. The 7.5 ones are all HTC Radars and are all giving this error message. Not all the time, but most of the time, especially when replying to an email. The other handsets aren't. We're running Exchange 2003 SP2.

It really does look like a Windows Phone 7.5 issue with Exchange 2003. I know a 'solution' would be to upgrade Exchange, but I don't have the time or money for that right now.

Has anyone found any possible solutions to try, or even confirmation from Microsoft that this is an issue?

Thanks...

J.

AliPea

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Error replying to messages

We are also getting the above error on a Nokia Lumia 800 and are unable to use it because more often than not it fails when replying to emails with "We weren't able to send this message so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."
I have had a call open with my network provider (BT) and Nokia for over a month now and I have basically been told that it is a problem with Exchange 2003 and will probably be fine with 2010 and there is little they can do for me.
This is not a satisfactory answer as our HTC's which have not been updated to 7.5 are fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this phone is useless to us as it is.

Thanks,

Ali

Jasonb13

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note about this.

I'm not 100% certain yet, but I may have found a solution that seems to work for me.

I went onto Market Place, and chose HTC Apps. There was one there called 'Connection Setup'. I downloaded it ( it's free ) and when I ran it, it detected my Mobile Phone Network ( I'm in Ireland and it's Vodafone ) and it asked me to choose between Vodafone Consumer and Vodafone Business. As we're a business customer of Vodafone, I went with Vodafone Business.

After I selected that it took a few seconds and then said it was done. And since I've done that, users have not complained about being unable to send or reply to email from their phones. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far it looks positive...

J.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077