Four (4) thing you can do to help get windows phone 7 into thousands of hands this ho

Jason Ward

Windows Central Columnist
Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
FOUR (4) THING YOU CAN DO TO HELP GET WINDOWS PHONE 7 INTO THOUSANDS OF HANDS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!

Thousands of people will be gifting and purchasing new mobile devices this month. Windows Phone 7.5 MUST be among the options! Here are Four (4) things you can do!

1. Text this link: aka.ms/wpdemo to all of your IPHONE and ANDROID user friends. This link will launch an HTML5 Windows Phone 7.5 demo on their devices. They simply post the link in their mobile browsers.

2. Include this link: aka.ms/wpdemo in the signature of your email client. Example: where the device automatically includes "Sent from my Windows Phone" in your SETTINGS you can add a quick edit that reads something like:

"Sent from my Windows Phone. Check out this cool Windows Phone demo (aka.ms/wpdemo) right in your IPHONE or ANDROID browser for a unique and FREE Windows Phone experience - no app required!"

3. Change your Facebook profile picture to a Windows Phone 7 icon
(from now until Dec 31st, 2011 (which clearly shows Windows Phone or Windows Phone 7(.5). This will help create constant awareness for the product for everyone to see. (Believe it or not, there are individuals who don't know about Microsoft's new Mobile OS.)

4. Finally, post at least one video which advertises Windows Phone 7 to your Facebook page daily.

If at least 1,000+ people who like this page do this and each of these 1,000+ people have at least (very conservatively most people have more than twice this amount) 100 FB friends that's about 100,000 views of direct Windows Phones advertisement DAILY as long as those 100 friends are logging onto Facebook and seeing the Profile image and/or the video. This will help create mindshare.
Some video ideas are the ones that are brief and use music or humor. We simply need to get our audiences attention. The longer OS and Phone reviews though thorough and informative may not hold interest.

Video ideas:
include the Jim Gaffigan Windows 7 adverts. There are a series of them that highlight specific aspects of Windows 7.5 or specific windows phones.
The Nokia ads that use a lot of color and music are very good too.
There are also a host of user created videos and a few on the HTC site.

Let's make it so millions of people can see Windows Phone 7 - "At a Glance" on their Facebook Pages, text messages and emails daily.

Windows Phone 7 - At a Glance - The Movement
Be a Part.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude created two more identical threads... so it's either a spammer or a microsoft employee spamming. Either way, it's spam. :straight:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I hate the word "shill." Why do people even use that?

I think the only thing that made this post appear like SPAM was because it was posted in twice. Other than that, it's just an enthusiastic person who wants to do what he can to help WP7. And the logic behind it is sound. If we love the OS and want it to be supported by MS, then the OS will eventually have to start seeing its numbers grow.

While I think that MS is already on a good path, I don't think there is any harm in a person doing what they can to try to ensure that those numbers grow.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but there's being positive and promoting WP7 when the opportunity arises, and then there's bombarding your friends to the point you turn them off of the whole thing. I like WP7 because it helps me get on with my life - I don't want it to BE my life! Texting demos to all my friends, posting daily videos and changing my personal pic to a corporate thing is all a bit much for me!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I like posting youtube videos of WP on FB. My friends always post stuff about Android and iPhone. So I do the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos