Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. jabtano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    564 Posts
       #1  
    I'm hearing all this stuff about AT&T and the Titian. I, see only one handset on T-MO one on each of the other carriers, and I'm thinking screw Yahoo MS should be looking at hooking T-MO perhaps with a partner maybe HTC they have money to burn. or even Nokia. in no way would we want then to stop selling Android devices but rather MS could have all of the window devices under one roof sort of saying. Just a though seams to me that buying T-MO would be a much better ventures than buying Yahoo. MS could also have a good platform for MS-TV or something of that nature, looking forward with the coming win8 Tablets. Just a thought.
  2. N8ter's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #2  
    That would never survive Anti-Trust inquiries. Same as Google, especially given Nokia's position as a premier HW partner.

    Also, the financial strain of running a cell phone carrier could be damaging to even Microsoft/Apple/Google. It would take way too much money to build out T-Mobile's network to be competitive with AT&T, nevermind Verizon.

    Plus, it won't fix T-Mobile's 3G band issue. They make it very hard for people to bring phones from other carriers/imported from overseas to their network and have a good experience. EDGE just doesn't cut it anymore for most people, given how data hungry smartphones are.
  3. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabtano View Post
    I'm hearing all this stuff about AT&T and the Titian. I, see only one handset on T-MO one on each of the other carriers, and I'm thinking screw Yahoo MS should be looking at hooking T-MO perhaps with a partner maybe HTC they have money to burn. or even Nokia. in no way would we want then to stop selling Android devices but rather MS could have all of the window devices under one roof sort of saying. Just a though seams to me that buying T-MO would be a much better ventures than buying Yahoo. MS could also have a good platform for MS-TV or something of that nature, looking forward with the coming win8 Tablets. Just a thought.
    First off, T-Mobile has two WP7 devices. The HD7 and the Radar. The HD7 was the first WP7 device to hit store shelves (In the U.S.). Secondly, Microsoft DOES have a partnership with Nokia.
  4. jabtano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    564 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    First off, T-Mobile has two WP7 devices. The HD7 and the Radar. The HD7 was the first WP7 device to hit store shelves (In the U.S.). Secondly, Microsoft DOES have a partnership with Nokia.
    Yes I know that HD7 will be phasing out soon. leaving them with just one.most stores in metro Boston don't have or carry the HD7.
  5. TaliZorah's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jabtano View Post
    Yes I know that HD7 will be phasing out soon. leaving them with just one.most stores in metro Boston don't have or carry the HD7.
    Once it's completely gone AT&T will be the only company with more than 1 on the shelf. T-Mobile is the only other company to have more than 1 WP7 device. I am not just talking about right now, I mean all-time.
  6. HJKED's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #6  
    I agree with what @TaliZorah said. :)
  7. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    #7  
    If you want more devices to be offered by carriers, buying the carriers isn't business savy. :D You need to make a big impact on the market (which MS are on their way to doing), then the carriers will be asking you for your variety of devices.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
  8. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,857 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    Once it's completely gone AT&T will be the only company with more than 1 on the shelf. T-Mobile is the only other company to have more than 1 WP7 device. I am not just talking about right now, I mean all-time.
    The HD7 is no longer listed on Tmo's site. Only WP7 shown in the radar.

Posting Permissions