06-13-2013 08:37 AM
- So this is my first smartphone, and I'm sad to say I'm having trouble answering the phone! Is there an easier way?? Here is why I have trouble:
1) Phone rings.
2) Screen says slide up, so I have to slide up.
3) Next screen says press this tiny answer call button to answer.
Now, I don't get a lot of calls, so in my urgency to answer the phone, I'm not that precise! For example, one time instead of sliding up I just pressed... and got the screensaver?!? How do I answer then?
Is there an easier way to answer the phone in general? I can't believe we don't just get one big button with a picture of a phone on it that we can press! Talk about bad usability. Usually when people answer phones they are scrambling. At least I am.
Also, is there some faster way to completely mute the phone besides putting it on a vibrate and turning the volume all the way down (to prevent notifiication sounds?) I have an HTC Titan.
Thanks for any tips!12-04-2011 02:23 PM
- Dave BlakeMod and Ambassador Team EmeritusIf you just want to silence the ringer real quick just tap the volume button up or down. Example I have my phone in my pocket the phone rings I don't want to answer now I'm taking a **** or something like that so without taking the phone out of my pocket I just press where the volume button is and the ringer stops. Does that help? Otherwise your stuck with the slide and tap unless you get a Bluetooth with a Bluetooth you can answer from its answer button.12-04-2011 03:27 PM
- one of the benefits of having to slide up, then press "answer" is that when it rings in your pocket and you reach in for the phone you wont accidentlay answer it. You'll get used to it pretty quick. (i did). As for "mute" I dont know if this is what you are looking for but if you hit either volume button it will bring up the "volume" panel... then just tap once on the upper right corner on the picture of the bell. That puts the phone in "silence" mode.12-04-2011 04:26 PM
- This probably wont answer your question, but I read:One other thing I like about the Titan is Attentive Phone. If you're talking on the phone and need to use your hands for something, just put the phone face down and it automatically switches to speakerphone. If you're phone is ringing and you want it to stop, just turn it face down and the ringing stops. That's why the screen isn't flush, because it's meant to be put glass-side-down a lot. Brilliant design! I love it!12-05-2011 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD